Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Popping sound coming from right rear when turning left sharply.

Redcap

Corvette
Torch Red 2000 fixed roof coupe.
My 2000 hard top started making a kind of popping sound in the right rear area when I turn left briskly. At first I thought it was something in the trunk but I wonder if it could be coming from the right rear hub. It has 47,198 miles on it and I don't race it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Last edited:
It could be the limited slip in your differential. When was the last time you changed your rear diff fluid?

When you say turn "briskly" is that any turn at high speed or a sharp turn at slower speed?

This "pop", when you hear it do you also feel anything?

I figured this one out on my own.

OK, I remembered that I had a small flashlight in the glove compartment. Turns out that it was free to slide to the right side of the glove box but other stuff prevented it from sliding over to the other side. Every time I made a sharp left turn, it would slide over there and hit the plastic side of the glove box. I believe that I have fully recovered from the brain cramp that afflicted me when I posted this. Thanks for the replies!

OK, I remembered that I had a small flashlight in the glove compartment. Turns out that it was free to slide to the right side of the glove box but other stuff prevented it from sliding over to the other side. Every time I made a sharp left turn, it would slide over there and hit the plastic side of the glove box. I believe that I have fully recovered from the brain cramp that afflicted me when I posted this. Thanks for the replies!

You wouldn't believe how many people would not have figured that out.

Good job.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom