Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Popping sound in floor board

sinestr

Corvette
2015 Red Stingray Coupe
Hi all
I have a 2005 coupe with 16K miles. For the most of the time when I turn the car to the right or left when I leave my driveway or any other turn where there is a highth difference from one surface to another I hear a popping sound emit from the dash area or the floor board on the passenger side. Sometimes after setting over night and just getting in the car will make the sound. Any ideas?

Hi all
Sometimes after setting over night and just getting in the car will make the sound. Any ideas?
If it occasionally happens when the car is not running, its may be a loose bolt.
Maybe something with the exhaust bolts, or shock absorber..
Just a guess.

I had a weird thump in the rear, I couldn't pin it down. Turned out to be the rear sway bar bolt wasn't torqued enough. But, thats after I had changed the exhaust.

I would check the bolts that attach the drive tunnel cover.
This plate helps the cars chassis to be more rigid and joins the front and rear suspension to act in unison.
If the plate was loose it could induce creaking and popping as the body moves and flexes.

Hope this helps,
Doug

Thanks Doug, I'll give it a look and keep you posted.

Harold

Thanks for the reply, any ideas are appreciated.

Hi Doug,

I did what you suggested and it has stopped the noise. Thanks so much. The dealer could not even help me.

Harold

Glad to hear it worked!
I'm surprised the dealer was clueless.
Maybe I should do this for a a living.:L

Doug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom