Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post a pic of your Wheels! (and point me in the right direction)

If a person goes with polished, should they get it clear coated?

:w

Nothing beats chrome. It just brings out the color of a car. As for peeling there is no way they should peel. A good set of chrome wheels should last for many many years.
Polished wheels look good but they show every mark. But it is up to you what you like. Good luck.

stgry1 said:
Just got these for my 96. I like the satin finishes and I like the chrome as well, but didn't want to go for either. Wanted something a bit different...not unique, just different. ;) Here they are............

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/cc/images/vette
Those look great! Saw a 95 Aqua at the Rendezvous saturday night with those on it.
Thanks for the pics
Rain

Just an attempt at attaching a .jpeg
88 with 9.5 x 17 and 11 x 17 in the rear Chrome.
PS hope this works!

By golly it did!!!!

Rain said:
And I could actually rotate my tires if they all 4 matched, right?
I didn't notice anyone specifically answer your question yet...(or maybe I'm just misunderstanding).

As long as your rims and tires are the same size AND your tires are not directional, then yes, you can do the traditional four corner rotation. If you have directionals, then you can only swap same side, front to back.

(side question: What was the last year for the same size all around??? :confused )

I've had chrome American Racing and polished Centerlines. No more polished, only chrome for me. If you keep after the chrome, a little water and quick wipe with a towel and they are as good as new. Can't speak to the salt air.

I am facing the same problem. Was wondering how black GS style would look on my white vert? All the other trim and emblems are flat black.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom