Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Door Lock Relay

The power door lock circuit has no relay.

Just the two door switches and the two door lock motors.

Power is from a 30amp PWR ACCY Circuit Breaker located in the fuse panel.

The power door lock circuit has no relay.

Just the two door switches and the two door lock motors.

Power is from a 30amp PWR ACCY Circuit Breaker located in the fuse panel.

The right door lock is controled by the Theft Deterrent Control Module. The TDCM is located Behind the RH side of I/P near fuse block.

Jeb, let me know and I will try and scan the section and email it to you.

Ed

I've got the schematics and I can see the TDM.

I'm going to have to pull the hush panels and see if I can find where my buzzing sound (intermitant) is coming from. It stops when I pull the 30A breaker which is how I isolated the circuit.

I never set the alarm anyway because I never lock the doors (I'd rather they open the door as opposed to slicing the top), so I'm thinking that I'll just unplug it if it's the culprit and see what happens.

Sheesh......these cars are fun!!! LOL

Thanks for the replies. Merry Christmas to all.

The right door lock is controled by the Theft Deterrent Control Module. The TDCM is located Behind the RH side of I/P near fuse block.
Ed

The Theft Deterrent Module monitors two inputs from the Power Door Locks.

It does not control any part of the door lock circuit.

If a door is open and you use the power door lock switch to lock the doors, a high going low pulse arms the alarm system. The Security light goes solid in the DIC.

You can cancel the arming of the system (door still open) by using the power door lock switch to open the door. A high going low pulse disables the alarm and the Security light will blink.

You can disconnect the Theft Deterrent Module and the Power Door Locks will still work. It only monitors the circuit so it knows if the doors are locked or unlocked.

If the system is armed and the door is closed the alarm is set and the only way to disable it without setting off the alarm is to use the door key and turn the door key cylinder in the proper direction. The door key cylinder has a switch on the back of it when turned in a certain direction grounds a light green wire which goes to the Theft Deterrent Module. This signals the Theft Deterrent Module to disarm the alarm.

Please correct me if the information I've provided is incorrect.

It stops when I pull the 30A breaker which is how I isolated the circuit.

Do the door locks operate properly?
Can you set the alarm and also disarm it?

That Breaker also provides 12 volts to the power seats.
Disconnect the power seat connectors under the seat cushions and see if that solves the buzzing problem. Could the sound you hear be coming from the 30 amp breaker?

Do the door locks operate properly?
Can you set the alarm and also disarm it?

That Breaker also provides 12 volts to the power seats.
Disconnect the power seat connectors under the seat cushions and see if that solves the buzzing problem. Could the sound you hear be coming from the 30 amp breaker?

The buzz is coming from behind the dash panel. I believe it's located near the driver's right knee but it might be coming from behind the driver information panel. It's not coming from the breaker.

The TDM is located farther to the right than where I believe the noise is coming from but it might be that the noise is "traveling". When I get back home, I plan on pulling the hush panel and see if I can determine where the buzzing is coming from....if I can get it to buzz. This is an intermitant thing and it doesn't buzz until the car has been shut down for a while - like overnight.

Fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom