Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Door Locks

Barry08 said:
Power door locks not working.Fuse is good.Both drivers and passenger not working.Car is an 81.Where do I look next?

Thanks.... Barry

Hey Barry
Not an expert, but looked through wiring diagram in L81 assembly manual and there are only two other places that there are GM connectors (read issues ;LOL).
The logical place to start would be those usless connectors behind the door lock switch, honestly these type of fittings look like they fell of the ark, who knows what GM was thinking, or maybe they just wanted to keep thier service agents busy :confused. Check for corrosion first then tightness of fit, mine seemed to vibrate loose a lot. Been on and off a few to many times, me thinks, (now replaced with real automotive plugs). The only other place there is a connection is where the lines from the switches tie into the main loom, which is high up under the dash each side of the car for each door respectively. Trace from door penetration to under dash. The only other connection (after the switch position) is to the actuator itself, which would/should be self evident.

It does seem weird that they went a the same time though!, maybe someone else has another suggestion?

Good Luck!

:beer

They are wired together somehow. If one goes they both go. :W

check the switches FIRST!! i am under the impression if one goes, neither lock will work as they are wired together as noted above. take a meter to them and check for continuity when depressed. they can be jumped to chek them also, but not a suggested means to check on them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom