Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power management

Hi:)!I want to buy a power programmer,i see they are many types.Which type you suggest to buy?Thanks
Not sure why no one has commented on this. Anyway, I have a '98 w/ auto tranny and have installed the HyperTech tuner programmer. What I like most about it is that I've reset my cooling fans to come on earlier at 209deg, if needed. Also reset the tranny shift firmness a bit. There are several options available with a tuner in addition to the engine performance tune that is downloaded into my car's PCM. There's some improvement in WOT performance, which I rarely achieve, and my mileage is slightely improved as well. This unit retailed for about $380 8 years ago, but mine was given to me free! Not sure I would spend that kind of money for the small advantages it offers if I was to actually buy one. Google all the manf. websites and read the reviews, then make a decision.

Good luck!

Tell us a little more about your car and what is its intended us and perhaps more people will respond.

power mgt

:pat :happyanim: HEY TROOP /quite a service record,everyone @ 18 years should be DRAFTED ! if you are to stupid to be drafted MOS RVN "SHIT BURNER" ! or DRO mess hall /To fat,cant pass physical, MARINE CORPSE FAT MAN COURSE!! Thanks for serving ,SGT CARL ANDERSON ,, 2 FIELD FORCE//RVN 69-70.. SSGT 79th arcom 74-77 2nd member CAC viet nam vets. MY son SPEC 4 CARL anderson jr is a MP in active reserve .MY DAD , BOMB A DEER, MIGHTY 8th ARMY AIR FORCE. RIP, HE was a GREAT MAN. 35 combat missions!!! :pat USA LOVE IT or LEAVE IT !!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom