Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Programmer

J

JimS

Last week I was riding around on my bike and I happended to see this sweet blue Vette. Later that day I rode past it and the guy was outside. I stopped and taked to him about his car and found it was also a 95'. He mentioned to me that he had a power programmer and he'd reprogram my car for me. I picked up my car last night from the shop (water pump and opti) and I stopped by his place. He tried to reprogram the car, but the programmer gave an error on the VIN and would not allow it to be programmed. Is there a way around this? I'd like to see how the car runs reprogrammed. Thanks in advance.

-JimS

the power programmer has a anti piracy feature... Once the hypertech program is downloaded to a car, the only way to program another car is to put the factory program back on the original car. Basically it only lets you use the hypertech program on one car at a time. If the guy with the '95 is willing, he can put his car back to factory, program yours so you can try it out, then after you are finished testing he can switch it back to his car... This may help you decide if you want to purchase the programmer or not.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom