Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Seat failure

DC/NH

Corvette
94 Polo Green 6 Speed Coupe
After winter storage I was getting my 94 Vette ready for the Spring and discovered that the Both Power seats weren't working. The sport seat adjustments were OK on both (I have changed the pump last year). When I checked the fuse box I felt the circuit beaker and it was real warm to the touch. I took it out and plug it in again and it got warm again, no action on the seats. I looked underneath both cushions and couldn't see anything wrong.

What to do?

My first post on this forum but I hope I can help. First, let me ask you a question. When you pulled your car from its storage mode, did you have any problems either with the battery or charging the battery while the terminals were connected. If so, I may be able to assist you since I had a similar problem.
Regards,
Mark

I had the exact same problem. With mine...the silver circuit breaker would be verrry hot and the seats and door locks wouldn't work. My mechanic pulled the drivers seat out and found a wire was pinched and cut and was shorting out the circuit.

When you pulled your car from its storage mode, did you have any problems either with the battery or charging the battery while the terminals were connected. If so, I may be able to assist you since I had a similar problem.
Regards,
Mark

Yes I did but I have resolved the poroblem for now ??? I determine it was the power unit on the pass. seat. I took the seat out went through all the wires and walla it works!

Who knows what happen but i think like you some wire was crimped.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom