Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Power seat !!!!! Not powered !!!!!

ToneTone

Corvette
1996 Silver Coupe CE
When the power control of my 96 coupe is set in the driver seat position it will operate that seat. When you move it to the passenger side it still operates the drivers seat. This Vette has the six way power seats with the various ( inflate/deflate) lumbar adjustments. Anyone have any idea on what the problem/cure might be????????:bash

When the power control of my 96 coupe is set in the driver seat position it will operate that seat. When you move it to the passenger side it still operates the drivers seat. This Vette has the six way power seats with the various ( inflate/deflate) lumbar adjustments. Anyone have any idea on what the problem/cure might be????????:bash
I had a similar problem, under the driver seat there are two set of wires that can be connected the wrong way, if wrong the relay for the passenger seat won't engage. Try switching the connectors.

On mine, looking at the colors of the cables the most natural way of connecting was the wrong way...

//sweabe

Power Seat!!!!

Thanks soo much for taking the time to reply. Will give that a try.!!!!!! One would think that the switch might be the problem but as often it is used I kind of ruled that out.!!!!!

I've just gone through this, fixing the entire electrical and lumbar system.

I guess, my first question is, why would you suspect the wires underneath if you haven't messed with them. have you changed them or been in there? If so, yeah, you hooked power to the driver's seat only. I did the same thing when hooking mine up and it displayed the same symptoms, but I would think you've been in there to hook them around the wrong way. The plugs are easy to interchange.

If you haven't been, then you're back to looking at your switch. That is a problem as the switch does not come out easily. But, the good part is that the left side, power seat, not lumbar of the switch,
interchanges with other switches. You just have to undo the circuit board from the bottom of the switch. Or, get another switch with lumbar though they are expensive. Finally, another way to test is getting a normal switch and hooking it up. All that is cumbersome and expensive though.

Ralf

Try to see what's going on with your switch first.

There is of course the possibility that the switch is bad.

In my case the car was new in my garage, the passenger seat did not work when I bought it (did som price reduction:) ) my first thought was the switch. I pulled the switch out, and did not find any problem there. Then after doing some reading in this and other forums, I kind of figured out how it is supposed to work.

I lifted the driver seat cushion and found the connectors that vertrx7 is mentioning.

So if your car is new to you, the chance is that some one in the past has reconnected the seat the wrong way.

I found the lifting of the seat cushion easier than pulling the switch out.

And, in my case the price reduction on the car did not cost me anything but time and labor to fix :D

//sweabe

Oh absolutely. Pulling the seat cushion is the way to go if you just bought the car or had been working on the plugs. That's definitely what I'd check first as pulling the switch is a definite hassle. If you have to remove it or actually the wiring to the actual switch which includes the circuit board to install a new circuit board and wiring, you're pulling the seat to get the wiring out and put it back in under the carpet.
Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt!!! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom