Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Power seat not working

Johnny605

Corvette
1982 corvette collector edition
Have a 1982 collector edition and having an issue with the driver side power seat switch. Install a new switch and the seat does not move at all. Looking at the fuse box on the driver side to determine which fuse it is. I know it takes a 30 amp fuse, but according to the owners manual, there is only one fuse using a 30 amp fuse, but it indicates for something else. Need assistance.

Was the seat working and then quit? or just worked sometimes? Exactly what led you to replace the switch?

Never worked on a power seat but like the power windows, I would expect a power seat to have a relay to handle the amps. A power window car usually has the relay mounted under the console, near the shifter. I would expect the power seat relay to be close by in that area. There may be a fusible link instead of a fuse protecting the circuit. There may be a circuit breaker protecting the circuit too. There is always the possibility that the motor is bad. If you have the service manual for your car, it will have a wiring diagram that will help you trace the circuit and test the various power seat components.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom