Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Seat Track Transmission Replacement?

twmorong

Corvette
Hi, I'm new to the form and would appreciate a little help. Have a 1988 Corvette Hatchback and was going to replace the bladder pump diaphragm in the drivers seat when when raising the seat to get better access underneath, I heard a loud click/snap sound and now the seat will not respond to any movement. I disconnected the lines that run from the motor to the transmission and find that the motors run fine, so I assume the transmission is in need of replacement. Has anyone done this and what should I lookout for in swapping out the transmission? The repair manual describes removing the right horizontal adjuster and left rack but there is a coil spring under tension that looks like it will fly off if that side, motor side, is separated.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

I'm going to move your thread into the C4 Tech forum for greater exposure...

If you remove seat cushions it is easier to see what is going on.

Seat is Removed

If you remove seat cushions it is easier to see what is going on.

I have the seat removed and separated from the power seat track. Started to separate the right side rails but noticed the coiled up spring in the front that is under tension and looks like if will fly off if I continue. I could see no other way to get the transmission for the power seat off without separating the two slides rails.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom