Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power seats problem

daveyj

Corvette
1997 white convertible
1994 Corvette Convertible C4

When using the power seat switch from the driver position or the passenger position only the driver seat works in both positions. Passenger seat does not move at all. Any tips or secrets?

Can anyone recommend a corvette repair shop in south east new hampshire for electrical diagnostics or that specializes in electrical? Do not want to take it to someone who charges by the hour just to play with it.

1994 Corvette Convertible C4

When using the power seat switch from the driver position or the passenger position only the driver seat works in both positions. Passenger seat does not move at all. Any tips or secrets?

Can anyone recommend a corvette repair shop in south east new hampshire for electrical diagnostics or that specializes in electrical? Do not want to take it to someone who charges by the hour just to play with it.
The drivers and passenger seat tracks are the same part number. Just pull the seat cushion (front lever) and unbolt it. Then swap them. If it problem moves then its you seat track. You can usually buy them cheap on ebay or goto one of the corvette stores...

Any shop that specializes in automotive electrical repair would be OK. Just because it is a Corvette it is not some kind of unknown magic to work on them. In most cases the systems in a Corvette are a derivative from some other car when it comes to the technologies involved in making it work.

Davey, did you ever get this resolved? I recently pulled the drivers seat to fix the parking brake, and now I have the exact same problem you reported.

To recap, with the center console seat switch in either the Driver or Passenger position, only the driver-side seat moves.

Thanks,
Barry

Well, shame on me. I made use of the Search feature, which I should have done to begin with! I found this post from a couple years ago:

....pull the cushion for the DRIVERS side(or just slide the seat all the way back) there should be two(black) connectors below the whole seat frame(fwd side of seat).Try swapping the two.Sometimes for whatever reason,these get swapped up and only the drivers side seat will work(other than the lumbar for the other).This fixed mine......

I will try this, and let you know.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom