Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Power Steering Piston Ram & Valve

68BigBlock

Corvette
1968 Corvette Coupe- 427/390
I'm getting ready to replace both subject components on a '68 big block...are there any "how do" PDF files out there or words of wisdom that would guide one through this swap out?

Seems you always find what "else was needed" in the midst of attempting to do a job like this. I'd like to understand this before I get started so I can pick up any needed tools, parts, etc.

Thanks.

I'm getting ready to replace both subject components on a '68 big block...are there any "how do" PDF files out there or words of wisdom that would guide one through this swap out?

Seems you always find what "else was needed" in the midst of attempting to do a job like this. I'd like to understand this before I get started so I can pick up any needed tools, parts, etc.

Thanks.

The step-by-step procedure for both components is covered in detail in section 9 in the Chassis Service Manual. Before balancing the new control valve, DO NOT stick your hand through the steering wheel to start the engine.

:beer

Thanks.

I think it's in here:

Jim Shea’s Steering Papers » Corvette Steering Papers – All in word.doc format unless pdf is indicated

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom