Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power steering pump

J

jiangtao

On a P.I.T.A scale of 1-10 {10 high} what is it?? I have obviously got a leak coming from it. '86 Z51. Thanks in advance!

I actually bought a sealer tonight, but I was preparing for the worst! I had some pretty bad noise coming from the pump about 3 months ago and I filled it back up with fluid.{ noise gone } Today I was getting worried because when I checked it, it was low again and the noise was back!

The problem with the pump may be more than leaking seals, but don't expect the seals to expand overnight. As I mentioned, it may take a week, or longer. If you are leaking a bottle of sealer everyday, then it may be time to replace the pump

Get a Bottle of Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak and Conditioner!!! Results are usually Immediate!!!If it won't stop it in 50 miles,nothing will and you have to do mechanical repairs!!

I agree with Junk. My old Dodge pickup had a bad leak in the PS assy. I was using almost a bottle of PS fluid a month. I put one bottle of Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak in back in Nov. and haven't had any problems so far, fluid level is still good and the leak is gone. Good Stuff.

:w
G

To answer the origianl question, I'd rate it about a 7 1/2. Not really difficult, but you have to remove some things to get to it!

Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom