Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power window problems

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
Drivers side controls are in-op most of the time. Sometimes I can lower the passenger window but not raise it. Drivers window sometimes "stutters" going down but unable to raise it. Sometimes the side mirror & door lock button is in-op. Passenger side works normally. I inspected the door wiring and took off the panel to check connections. I've heard something about a window control module. Where is it located? Thanks for any help. 05 Coupe

Hi Joe,
Possibly a door control module, but it sounds like your dealering with 2 different conditions.
They are located behind the door panel.
You would need to determine through the door control module data what you are dealing with.

Allthebest, c4c5

Before I say "It sounds more like a switch(s) problem" does the passenger side window switch raise and lower the passenger side window without any problems?

Hi Joe,
Possibly a door control module, but it sounds like your dealering with 2 different conditions.
They are located behind the door panel.
You would need to determine through the door control module data what you are dealing with.

Allthebest, c4c5
Thanks for the reply Paul. I had the panel off. Is the control module part of the switch assy? I didn't see anything other than that back there. Would like to come visit you but my lack of funds due to being laid off several months ago is forcing me to troubleshoot this myself.

Hey Joe,

When you are ready with a test light and a multimeter, Give me a call Joe.

I will help you as I can.

Allthebest, c4c5

Paul,
Got the switch assy. from gmpartsdirect yesterday. Saved about $40. Works perfectly. Good to see you again and thanks once again for the help.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom