Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

price drop?

Ruhorserider

So what do you all think, will C6 in general drop in price now that C7 is available? It's just an opinion question. I was just by my Chevy dealership, that practically never has any used corvettes and it has 2 for sale now.. C5 and C6
KB

Yes they will come down but it will be a normal depreciation over time and the milage on the car. There have been some steep discounts on the left over new C6's, but I'm thinking those cars may be about all gone by now. The C7 is a great machine and as with other generations its a step up from the previous line.

I think that as we've seen in the past, prices will drop because a new generation has been released with good performance, new style and greater quality and new technology. The C6 generation was a great generation for Corvette. If I had the money and a new C7 was not in the cards, I'd definitely scoop up a leftover C6.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

C6 price drop

There should definatley be a drop in prices on C6's. I actually used it as a negotiating tool last fall when I got my C6 from a seller who was willing to wait till this year to sell. There will always be people looking to move up to a new generation on the 1st year. I'd rather wait a few years to get the bugs out

I have been watching the used C6 market very closely now for about 8 months. I finally - and unexpectedly - came across a great deal on an '08 vert (so I bought it) but what I have seen is that C6 (verts at least) have gone up in price significantly since the weather has been warming. I know this is an annual thing but I have not seen the C6 prices depressed as I expected. I am wondering if the high demand for C7s along with the price - and new price increase - of the C7s have held C6 prices up some? Maybe that will change significantly once we start to see a good supply of used C7s on the market.

I was expecting to see a good supply of used C7s by now but that does not seem to be the case. That is why I went ahead with my purchase. I don't want to wait for better opportunities before I drive another vette.

I am happy with my C6 purchase.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom