Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price for a new Paint Job??

jfactor

Corvette
91 Turquoise (Turquoise Metallic) Stock
The only thing wrong with my new(ish) 91 is the dull paint. I would really love to have it redone. I figure, if I'm going to have it painted, I might as well color it the way I want. (I'm new age, not much for resto).

My questions are as follows:

• How much money am I looking at for a 2-tone theme?
  • What should I look for in a paint shop?
  • Why do men have nipples?
Thanks for the help.

Go to maaco, I got my 85 painted there and with the repares and paint it costed me about $1600 and they also fixed my drivers side power window. That was only one color.

Look through there photo album of cars they painted, look for show cars in the pictures, that means they do good work. If they only do toyotas and hondas and mazda pickups don't go there. Most of the time there is a few finished cars parked out front ready for pickup, look at them for paint quality and watch for overspray.

3rd question because we can.

Paint jobs can run the gamut, from inexpensive ($300-500) to very expensive ($20,000-up). I tall depends on what you are willing to pay and how good of a job you want. Done right, changing color, and two tone could easily run $8-10k, or more. Done half-@$$ed you can probably get it done for $800-1000.

The question is what do you want and what are you willing to settle for? Check around the area and ask lots of questions.

Men have nipples because early on in our fetal developement we start out potential females. Somewhere in our inner selves is a woman waiting to strut her stuff.

So you'll know when you're in the frozen food aisle in the supermarket.

Thank you.

Men have nipples because early on in our fetal developement we start out potential females. Somewhere in our inner selves is a woman waiting to strut her stuff.

This is correct. Thank you very much for playing. As for the paint, thanks for all the insight. I'll start looking around this weekend.

Paint jobs can run the gamut, from inexpensive ($300-500) to very expensive ($20,000-up). I tall depends on what you are willing to pay and how good of a job you want. Done right, changing color, and two tone could easily run $8-10k, or more. Done half-@$$ed you can probably get it done for $800-1000.

The question is what do you want and what are you willing to settle for? Check around the area and ask lots of questions.
I totally agree I had my hood repainted in the fall of 05 and it cost $ 1800.00. I just ask him this week what a entire new paint job would cost and he said that for a pant job like I expected would run between 10 & 12 K

If you want nice clean fresh oats then you must pay a fair price but if you are satisfied with them after they have been through the horse then that is a little cheaper.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom