Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price Question on Z06 for Sale

F

FRCDiablo

Hello to everyone;

I have a question for all Z06 owners. A friend is selling a torch red 2004 Z06 with 16,000 original miles and I am really interested on purchasing the car from him. It is in great condition and stock with the exception of C6 Z06 after market wheels and an aftermarket radio. He is asking $30,000. Is that a good price? I think it is, but was hoping to get your opinion.

Thank you.

You are probably correct, but I do want a Z06. It has been my dream car for a long time. I also like the looks of the C5 better than the C6. For some reason, I am not sold on the C6 looks.

I do have considered going for a C6 and might test drive one this weekend. We will see...

I went and test drove the car. Taking in consideration everything I heard here, I made him an offer, but he refused to come down at all. Not a penny. The car is in great condition with only two problems. One of the wheels has really visible damage and the aftermarket radio installation is not the best I seen. I would have to buy a new wheel and a new dashboard. He is a friend, but not a real close friend and I don’t know the car that well. He is the second owner and had the car for only a year.
I decided that it was not a good deal, considering the asking price and above problems, so I did not buy the car. I am going to sell my FRC and take my time looking for a Z06.
If anyone is thinking about selling their Z06, I will be looking for one. I specifically want a 2004 with low mileage. Torch red, Black or Yellow with the two tone interior (black\red). I also like the Z16. I am going to take my time and be picky. It is my dream car and I don’t want to take any short cuts.
I want to thank everyone for their input. Everyone was great. Thanks.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/index.php

I think you made the right decision. For 30K, I would expect a completely mint, extremely low mileage, single owner, pampered 04 Z06.

Now, about your 99 Nassau Blue FRC. Do you have any idea how hard those are to find? If I had one of those, I'd be hard pressed to part with it. On the other hand, if you're determined, send me a PM and let me know what you're looking to get for it! I can't afford one right now, but...I might get a wild hair :upthumbs

Good luck with whatever you do, and be patient.

Tammy

I went and test drove the car. Taking in consideration everything I heard here, I made him an offer, but he refused to come down at all. Not a penny. The car is in great condition with only two problems. One of the wheels has really visible damage and the aftermarket radio installation is not the best I seen. I would have to buy a new wheel and a new dashboard. He is a friend, but not a real close friend and I don’t know the car that well. He is the second owner and had the car for only a year.
I decided that it was not a good deal, considering the asking price and above problems, so I did not buy the car. I am going to sell my FRC and take my time looking for a Z06.
If anyone is thinking about selling their Z06, I will be looking for one. I specifically want a 2004 with low mileage. Torch red, Black or Yellow with the two tone interior (black\red). I also like the Z16. I am going to take my time and be picky. It is my dream car and I don’t want to take any short cuts.
I want to thank everyone for their input. Everyone was great. Thanks.
:thumb Keep looking for that perfect Z16!! I found mine in late September:WI can't say how much I wanted one. It was worth the wait. I ended up paying $33K for an extra clean example with 13000 miles, second owner.:v

Hello to everyone;

I have a question for all Z06 owners. A friend is selling a torch red 2004 Z06 with 16,000 original miles and I am really interested on purchasing the car from him. It is in great condition and stock with the exception of C6 Z06 after market wheels and an aftermarket radio. He is asking $30,000. Is that a good price? I think it is, but was hoping to get your opinion.

Thank you.

I checked Kelley Blue Book for your area and assumed that the body and interior is in excellent condition. I also deleted CD/radio and premium wheels from the checklist since you may be replacing both.

KBB quoted an excellent price of: $29,155, a good price of: $27,655 and a poor price of: $25,755

Good luck in your quest of a Z06. I love my 2003 and like you, I'm partial to its exterior looks over the C6's.

Good idea that you passed on that sale. In this market, 30 large is way high for a 16,000-mi. 04 with aftermarket wheels and radio.

If the wheels and radio were good stuff, I'd have offered 28000. If the wheels were cheap stuff from China and the radio was not high-end, I'd have offered 25,000.

Add a couple grand if it's a nice Z16

They are out there, just keep looking. I have a Torch red/black 2004 Z06 with no options, and totally stock and only 1025 miles, but I would not let it go for anywhere near 30K.

Looking back now, I am glad that I passed on the sell. I did offer him $28,000 but he did not want to take it. It was going to cost me about 2K to fix the radio and wheels, so I figured it was a good offer. I think that I am going to look for a Z16 Z06, it is the one I always wanted. I am going to try selling my 1999 FRC before I go looking so I don’t have to worry about two cars. With the economy the way it is, I can’t take any chances.
I want to thank everyone for their help and I will keep everyone up to date on my progress. I will be posting some pics as soon as I get it. I probably should post some pics of my FRC now, it is a beautiful car. If I figure out how haha

To get a feel just go to ebay as a guide.Z06's as a general rule go for less money than a coupe used.The reason most of them have been run hard even with low mileage.There are exceptions.In todays market you should be in the $25,000 range.The market is VERY soft.

Well, I sold my FRC for a good price. It was my weekend car and I have a second car as a daily driver. I am going to take my time looking for a Z06 now. I want a 2004 Z06, Red, Black or Yellow with the Black\Red interior. I will also look for a Z16. We'll see.

Well, I sold my FRC for a good price. It was my weekend car and I have a second car as a daily driver. I am going to take my time looking for a Z06 now. I want a 2004 Z06, Red, Black or Yellow with the Black\Red interior. I will also look for a Z16. We'll see.

:thumbZ16s are sweet:thumb

Hello to everyone;

Thank you.

There is someone on the CorvetteForum.com selling a perfect Z06 Z16 with only 8 miles on the clock:thumb

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-...tte-history-lowest-mile-z16-z06-for-sale.html

P1000325.jpg

P1000328.jpg

P1000326.jpg

You made the right choice. The market is falling out considerably, and things are only going to fall further in '09. $30k is WAY too much, even $28k, in this economy. A pristine Z16, with only 8 miles, just sold for $32k. Your friend is going to be kicking himself hard for not taking your offer. He's not going to see that kind of money for his car ever again.

Be patient, as I am being, and you will find the right one! There are some amazing deals to be found out there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom