Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Prices for 1990

B

Blackened

I will be buying a 1990 Vette in about 2 years, enough time to save $ from my new job and insurance to go down since i'm 18. What are the prices for a 1990 Coupe in fair to excellent condition? What are the prices for a 1990 ZR-1, I could never afford one though.

If you go to Auto-trader, you will find High @ $40K, Low @ $7K, and average @ $14k.
Keep in mind that what you want is in the eyes of the beholder.
In 2 years the price will go up & down based on many things, ie. condition, miles, what needs to be replaced , on & on & on.
Good luck!
I,ll sell you my 92 w/ 26,000 miles for $ 20,500.oo, winner of 5, 1st place trophys.

Nice vette Tyrel, thanks ibitp37 but I'm specificly looking for a 1990. It's the last of that look, besides I will use this car as a daily driver and the last thing I would want to do is put miles on a Vette with only 26,000 and in excellent condition. I would prefer to buy one at around 70 to 90,000 in medium condititon so I fix it up abit. When the engine eventually goes i'll just rebuild it.

Hey Tyrel how much you want for your 1989? Just kidding :D I heard somewhere that a Red Corvette is the highest on the insurance list, is this true? Is a Red Vette more expensive then lets say a Black Vette?

If you are interested in an '84, the first of that body style, mine is up for sale. It has 51,000 miles on it and has been a daily driver for me for the last six years. I'm the second owner and have done most of the work myself with all of the service recoreds. It's in awesome shape and runs incredibly well.

John

'90 Vette

I've got a 90 coupe, 6 speed and I think that's a good choice.

I love mine and its new enough for some goodies but still has the round taillights, C4 styling/handling and I CAN AFFORD IT, something I can't do with a newer car.

Prices are going to vary, but beware of really low and really high-both mean something, and not necessarily good.

Good luck in your search, but be open to the possibilities. For example, suppose a newer/older car that was what you wanted came up for a great price. I'd hate for you to turn one down because it wasn't a 90.

Yitbos, I don't have the money now I have to work a couple of years before I can afford one, thanks though. Thanks CyberFire 12, hows the 6 Speed on a 1990, will it be tough for a beginner? Still haven't learned how to drive stick yet but ill get around to it sometime this year. I just have to say I LOVE all vettes so if there was a great deal for any vette I could afford I would never turn it doen, it's just a 1990 seems to me like the best year for me.

yitbos said:
If you are interested in an '84, the first of that body style, mine is up for sale. It has 51,000 miles on it and has been a daily driver for me for the last six years. I'm the second owner and have done most of the work myself with all of the service recoreds. It's in awesome shape and runs incredibly well.

John

How much? Gotta pic? I'm missing my 84 terribly....

Blackened said:
hows the 6 Speed on a 1990, will it be tough for a beginner? Still haven't learned how to drive stick yet but ill get around to it sometime this year.

For a car like the C4, a stick is the only way to go, adds miles to the fun. Everyone I know who doesn't own a vette concentrates on speed, but there is nothing like going thru the twisties :D using both feet and both hands (shifting & steering).

When you learn stick, be prepared for a lot of jerkiness :L at first until all your parts work in unison. After awhile, you won't even think, you'll just do it.

Enjoy and keep us posted on your progress.

:w

And try to learn driving a standard on something other then a toyota,honda etc. Oh sure, you'll learn the basics of shifting and getting the car up a hill but once you get into a vette with all that torque, the rules sorta change a bit. My son, who is 18 drove his buddys ricer with no problem. His first try in the vette however was a humbling experience for him. (and a nightmare for me:))

Len:w

CyberFire 12 said:
For a car like the C4, a stick is the only way to go, adds miles to the fun. Everyone I know who doesn't own a vette concentrates on speed, but there is nothing like going thru the twisties :D using both feet and both hands (shifting & steering).

When you learn stick, be prepared for a lot of jerkiness :L at first until all your parts work in unison. After awhile, you won't even think, you'll just do it.

Enjoy and keep us posted on your progress.

Very well said! I couldnt imagine not having a 6speed on my 90. Its incredibly fun to drive. And like cyberfire said it just takes pratice and eventually you wont even notice your shifting. Good luck with the search!

jimmers said:
Very well said! I couldnt imagine not having a 6speed on my 90. Its incredibly fun to drive. And like cyberfire said it just takes pratice and eventually you wont even notice your shifting. Good luck with the search!

You took the words out of my mouth. I, too, couldn't imagine having my 90 without a 6 speed, in fact, any sports car. Of course, when I get a bit older with bad knees, arthritis, etc., I may change my tune.

I went from a 280ZX 5 speed to my 90 6 speed without a problem (my son is driving the Z around Austin,Texas now). I always heard vettes were hard to shift with a very firm clutch, but I did not find that to be the case. Maybe that's more with the older vettes. I actually, find the 90 easier to shift than the Z with a much shorter throw and, of course, a lot more fun to drive! My son agreed, when he drove the 90 last month for the first time. He told me if I ever wanted to swap cars, let him know!

Just letting you guys know I would never buy a Vette in auto, I think its a sin.

alka1967 said:
You took the words out of my mouth. I, too, couldn't imagine having my 90 without a 6 speed, in fact, any sports car. Of course, when I get a bit older with bad knees, arthritis, etc., I may change my tune.

I went from a 280ZX 5 speed to my 90 6 speed without a problem (my son is driving the Z around Austin,Texas now). I always heard vettes were hard to shift with a very firm clutch, but I did not find that to be the case. Maybe that's more with the older vettes. I actually, find the 90 easier to shift than the Z with a much shorter throw and, of course, a lot more fun to drive! My son agreed, when he drove the 90 last month for the first time. He told me if I ever wanted to swap cars, let him know!

I also found it really easy to shift. It shifts with so little effort.
I agree with you Blackened, i too think its a sin to have a vette in auto but thats what some people prefer and thats ok. Its not for everyone.

I am from the old school. Sports car isn't a sports car with out a manual transmission . If you have an automatic you may as well have a family cruiser.
At the same time I won't argue the point that an auto may outpreform a manual.

Hi, First post, first vette. Bought mine in december for $5900. Dark red metallic, black interior, auto, in very good original condition. Marty in CA

I'll tell you I bought my 1990 Steel Blue last October for 8100 cash ...

It needed a paint job and new seats ...

600 for seats
1000 for paint
1200 new wheels and tires...

84000 miles and runs 13 second quarters... getting 23 mpg on the highway ...

Can't beat that ...
DCP06015.JPG

I got a 1990 and love it. It's not a sin to have a auto. I live in the mountains and have stick in the truck and your shifting all the time up and down hills. I drive my vette atleast 50 miles a day. 90 or 91 is a very good choice. 90 has the old body with the newer style interior. 91 got the new boby and new interior. 92 and newer have a lt1 in it, which make good HP, but the down side is it has opti spark and is more up keep from what I have read. And by the way just take some time and look around and you can find a good deal on one. I search for over a year to find my first vette. I ended up only giving 3700 for mine. needs paint and tires but I got a all the tools and now how to do all the work to it. Its a adventure looking for the right vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom