Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Prices of older and newer Corvettes

Kool Lou

Corvette
2007 Corvette Coupe
It seems to me that some prices on newer Corvettes (2005 to 2009) are very close to what a 1964 to 1968 can command on the market today depending of course on mileage and condition and the 'Vettes of the 1950's can command astronomical prices probably because they become more rare as they are older.

A older Corvette is not a pleasure to drive long distances unless a more modern suspension is added to it.

It seems to me that some prices on newer Corvettes (2005 to 2009) are very close to what a 1964 to 1968 can command on the market today depending of course on mileage and condition and the 'Vettes of the 1950's can command astronomical prices probably because they become more rare as they are older.
If all that you want is to show your 1955 to 1980 Corvette at shows but not to drive them as daily drivers they are beautiful cars but lack a lot of comforts that the newer 'Vettes have.

I would agree with you totally. The 1964 coupe I owned 40 years ago was sweet to look at, but if I had to drive it for an extended period of time it was a killer and I was a young guy at the time. The 1994 coupe that I bought nine years ago was so much better to drive. The wife and I did several trips where we were in the car for extended periods (9-11 hours) and when we reached our destinations felt reasonably fresh. The 2001 coupe we have now is even more comfortable to ride in. Looking forward to driving a C6. I'm still in love with the mid-years, but will probably never be able to own another one.

1964Corvette.jpg

DDjune06013.jpg

DSC_3349a.jpg

If all that you want is to show your 1955 to 1980 Corvette at shows but not to drive them as daily drivers they are beautiful cars but lack a lot of comforts that the newer 'Vettes have.
I began having a 2003 Corvette Convertible with a 6 speed manual that was a dream come true especially when I could get 30 mpg at 65 mph in cruise control.
I stupidly traded it in for a 2012 Camaro Convertible with a V6 which never gave me mpg as good as the 'Vette did and no where the performance.
Then I wised up and traded my 2012 Camaro with 2004 miles for a 2007 Corvette coupe with auto trans.and 2002 miles and giving me 28 to 29 mpg at 1700 rpm and 70 mph in cruise control.
I never looked back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom