Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Product to hide fiberglass spider web cracks ???

S

SwaveDave

Is there a product which can do this on fiberglass ?? I was told there is. , and its some type of colored wax. If you know the name and where to buy, please post.

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave

Before I got the Blue Beast painted I was using the colored wax to hide the stone chips & stuff. I have 2 different brands, one is called something like ColorWax but I don't remember the other and I'm at work right now (I can check later). I don't remember it working really well on the spiderweb cracks but I'm sure it looks better than regular wax just so you don't get the white stuff leftover. I know I've seen it sold at Wal-Mart (in the regular car care aisle) but if you're going to any cruise nights in the area I'd be happy to give you one of the bottles I have (I think your car is blue too, right?) I may be going to Park on Park in Mundelein this Wednesday and I'm planning on going to Crystal Lake cruise night on the 18th because it's Corvette night.

Let me know,
Barb :w

Barb, Please check the exact names of the products and post them. Im so busy with my air conditioning business that i dont know if ill have any time for either events. In this trade, you have to 'bail hay while you can' . It does get slow. Thanks for the offer though. Just let me know the product names. Thanks,

Dave

Dave, sorry to hear you're too busy to enjoy your Vette, but glad to hear your business is doing well.

Anyway, the two bottles I have say:

Dupli-Color Color Wax
Nourishes Color as it Shines
Cleans, seals & shines
Fills in swirl marks & minor scratches
Safe for all finishes
No white residue or dust

Turtle Wax Color Magic color enriched car polish
Safe for all finishes
Fills in minor scratches
More bonding resins
Longer lasting protection
Cleans, shines & seals for 12 months

I honestly can't tell you which one worked better, they both seemed about the same to me. The bottles are clear, and the Dupli-Color looks darker in the bottle, but I'm not sure it matters.

As I mentioned, I know I saw either one of these or something similar in Wal-Mart just this Spring.

One last tip - if you don't want colored fingers, make sure you wear rubber gloves when you apply it. People had a tendency to look at me funny when I had blue fingers...

Good luck!

Barb, Thanks much for the info. Ill give it a try. I may be there tonight for Park on Park...id like to be anyways !!

Dave

Hope you can make it to Park on Park - I'm not going to be able to be there tonite... oh well, maybe next month.

Have fun!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom