Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Production number for 1996 LT-4 roadster

1996 LT4 Topic

LT-4 HAWAII

Corvette
1996 LT-4 ROADSTER
To anyone who can help,

I have a very high optioned 1996 White convertible with the Grand Sport drive train. For all practical purposes, it is a Grand Sport without the paint and wide tires.

I was told the car may be only 1 of 1 or 1 of 5 made. How do I find out ?

I have the Corvette Black Book, but, it did not have enough information for me to figure out the specific production of my car.

Thank you for your help,
Rick

Hi LT-T HAWAII and welcome to the :CAC !!

I'm afraid the best advice I can offer is to take a look at the section on "EXTRAPOLATION" in your Black Book and then narrow it down percentage-wise based on ALL your options and the corresponding quantities produced for the '96 model year.

If you haven't ordered reproduction copies of your BUILD SHEET and WINDOW STICKER from the Museum I'd suggest that also.

Maybe someone with more knowledge specific to your Corvette will be able to offer more info.

Good luck with your search!
:wJane Ann

Thanks XLR8

I do have the build sheet and the window sticker. I check the Black book for the extrapulation.

Do you have a Cadillac XLR ? How do you like it?

thanks
Rick

No Caddie here. :L Just the '98 in my avatar and signature. :thumb

XLR8 is the abbreviation for accelerate - which I do every chance I get. :naughty: I would have put it on my tag but someone else in the Great State of Mississippi already has it.

I had to settle for this one:
HPIM0315_SIG.jpg

very nice Vette

Your Vette is very similar to mine. I have the Beige Top and Interior. Do you know how many White LT-4 roadsters were made with the LT-4?

I extrapulated to approx 50 or so ? I could hone the number in better if I knew how many Collector Editions had the LT-4. Any idea?

For the record: I am originally from Northern New Jersey - Oakland. I too enjoy politics.......gave up the cigars.

Have a good day,
Rick

How many miles on your LT-4 ?
Did you buy new?

i sold it two years ago with 18K on it. I was owner #3. It was owned by GM then went to Kerbeck in Atantic City, then a dealer in central PA got it. I bought it from a friend of his. This interesting sticker remains under the hood.

EMISSIONSTICKER002.jpg

Here’s a C4 site that has production number breakdowns.

1996 Corvette Registry

Be sure to click on Production #s and select your cars color.

Hope this is of some help.

B17Crew
:w

Interesting info, Crew. I was under the impression that such a production breakdown was only possible through extrapolation (a statistical best guess) because GM didn't keep detailed records beyond the basics.

But the creator of the list states:
These breakdowns represent actual production numbers for the 1996 CE Corvettes.

Do you have any idea where he got the breakdown info?

Do you have any idea where he got the breakdown info?

Hi, Jane Ann.

I’m not sure where the info originated from, I came across the site quite awhile ago and I can’t recall specifics (yep, I’m getting old!). I’ve referenced the site over the years and the info has always been accurate.

B17Crew
:w

info I have is 17 White with beige interior six speed. 5 six speed with F45 suspension. 12 six speed with FE1 base suspension. I forgot how I came across this site. Mine is one of 71 white coupe with red interior LT4 and base suspension. What I printed out says any questions contact rottie@collectoreditionregistry.com. Worth a try.

Thank you ! You hit a home run with that one. It appears my car is at least 1 of 5 and maybe even less. The only missing item: how many of the White convertibles with the F-45 suspension and the beige interior were LT-4's ?

Thanks again, have a good day,
Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom