Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Programing Key FOB for a 2000 C-5

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
;help I purchased an extra key, and key fob for my 2000 C-5 from a dealership to relplace one that I lost somewhere. It is exactly like the other one with the exeption it works and this one doesn't. I went through all the instructions to reset or set the codes per the instructions thorugh the DIC and it still doesn't work. Has anyone else ran into this and what am I doing wrong?

I am going to take it to Crusie Fest in Bowling Green, thought maybe someone there may be able to help me, maybe I am holding my mouth wrong or something. The extra key that I got at the same time works in both the ignition and the door, for the life of me I can't firure out the FOB. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I have tried to program it a number of times but get no where!
Thanks,
Bill :w

I had to have the dealer program my new remote with their scanner. The new key just had to have the correct resistor in it.
2000C-5 Black Coupe Owner said:
;help I purchased an extra key, and key fob for my 2000 C-5 from a dealership to relplace one that I lost somewhere. It is exactly like the other one with the exeption it works and this one doesn't. I went through all the instructions to reset or set the codes per the instructions thorugh the DIC and it still doesn't work. Has anyone else ran into this and what am I doing wrong?

I am going to take it to Crusie Fest in Bowling Green, thought maybe someone there may be able to help me, maybe I am holding my mouth wrong or something. The extra key that I got at the same time works in both the ignition and the door, for the life of me I can't firure out the FOB. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I have tried to program it a number of times but get no where!
Thanks,

LLC5 said:
I had to have the dealer program my new remote with their scanner. The new key just had to have the correct resistor in it.

I may swing buy the local GM dealer here tomorrow and see if they can do it; I've tried everything. Just wanted to have a spare in case.

Thanks for your reply,

:W Just curious, how much was it from the dealer?:w

keeper15 said:
:W Just curious, how much was it from the dealer?:w

I bought mine wholesale from Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis for $42.00 or something like that its been a while.

Hoping to get extra set, so that I have a quicker way out of garage than the wife!

I am glad you clarified that FORD 150 W/Harley Package stuff..
Just remember FORD does not MAKE HARLEY'S..
LOLLL
Brutal Dude...

I'm WATCHING YOU !!!! loll

keeper15 said:
Hoping to get extra set, so that I have a quicker way out of garage than the wife!

Brutal "JUST" Brutal!

Im learning there is no car, but CORVETTE!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom