Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Progress Update

procketus

Corvette
1980 all Black
Just thought I'd pass along what I've done to my '80 so far. In the past couple weeks I've replaced the rear calipers, good brakes now, Finally got rid of that 10" air filter, put a new 14 incher on from Edelbrock. Same day also put a new distributor in. The old one had some wore out advance bushings. So I got one out of our race car that's not being used anymore. This one has MSD guts in it. Runs much better.

Got around to changing rear spring also. Made a big difference in ride. But still was not happy with the way it drove. Took it up and had the wheels balanced and it got better. Went over to where I get my parts and got a pair of adjustable strut rods. Put them in today. WOW! The ones I took out were totally gone. Bushings came apart when I took the drivers side out. Now it seems to track down the road much better. Does pull to the left a little so I guess an alignment is in order.

Got the headlights vacuum leak fixed with that kit for the actuators. Now they try to go up but sides hit the header panel just enough to prevent them from raising up. A little flick with a finger and they raise.

Still have to install hood I have for it and get the exhaust done, but I think I have it to a point where I'm comfortable driving it, and not worry about the wife taking it out.

It's getting there!

Sounds like great progress!! Fun when you can see a return on your efforts isn't it? Keep going, before you know it, you'll have a great daily driver. Then you'll start wanting more horsepower, another gear in the trans, a better sound system...Gotta tell ya though I absolutley enjoy driving my car!!

another gear in the trans
Yep already keeping an eye out for 2004r tranny. Friend of mine has a tranny shop so I may see if we can do some swapping.

It is nice to see the work pay off and ENJOY driving the car, unlike before today it was a fight to keep it on road.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom