Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Progress

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
Well, I'm just a fuel pump shy from having all the parts on hand or on their way that I need for my EFI retrofit.

So, with that said, I've been removing the smog pump, carb, and other stuff from and to include the intake in order to get ready for the TPI.

This is the second TPI system I've put on a Vette. The first one was almost ten years ago. The only thing is... I don't remember the particular Delco number for the 255 gph fuel pump I used last time. I'm going to go with an external one because I hate dropping the tank (did that on the last TPI swap until I put one on the frame rail).

What a mess though. I'm going to need to vacuum the intake off before I remove it- lots of.... funk... that could get into lifter valley. Yes, I'll even pull the water pump too- it looks rough and needs paint. I also need to invest in a spray bottle and some cleaner. It is amazing what 27 year old OEM dirt looks like.

:)

Keep that dirt, it might be numbers matching Johnny.. ;LOL

Good deal. :_rock

:w
-Stefan

Okay... got the wiring harness plumbed into the engine compartment, the TPI lower manifold installed, injectors, fuel rails, distributor, and runners all on the car.

I finally got the chance to flare my fittings on the fuel rail. So, I have -5 and -6 AN fittings headed to socketless hose.

I still have to flare the lines on the frame, run the hose to them, and install the fuel pump in the back. I still have a lot left. I also need to put the upper plenum down, throttle body, miscelleneous sensors, cut custom length plug wires, and finish the integration into the dash and OE harness.

I need to take the valve covers off and clean them- but that will have to wait till the spring. I need to get the car on the road first.

I'll try to post pictures today if I get the chance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom