Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Proper Bleeding of rear calipers ........ooooop's

Gohot

Corvette
1982 C3
I bled my brakes today, and with a still marginal pedal, was disappointed with the results. Upon doing a couple searches, I found that I had only done it half right. Now in this tutorial I question the beginning and ending in that I had always thought that you go to the furthest caliper (or drum for other type systems) and worked from furthest to closest. However in the tutorial it says left to right in the rear, and the same on the front.

My oooooop's moment was when I failed to notice that there are TWO bleeders on each REAR calipers, and only ONE or both fronts. I will go back and re-do the rears once again and see where I'm at with pedal feel. As it is, it's a poor pedal feeling but enough to stop the car, though an emergency situation might prove otherwise. Mind you I'm going to have to do this whole process one more time as I replace all the brake hoses in the next week or so as parts arrive, so really I should wait, but necessity dictates that I drive the car in the meantime to and from town. Though I live in a rural setting and traffic is non-existent. Otherwise I'd not chance it if It were in real traffic. **** The smart ones will not take this chance *** but I'm an OLD motor-head and risk is hardwired into .....well let's just say............... oh never mind :)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5IG3Dw&usg=AFQjCNHdZ2oZxu4tTWCavX4p8kUM8tcIuQ

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom