Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Push Button Starter?

GuyzVette

Corvette
Polo Green 1994 LT-1
Has anyone modified their car to have a push button starter? Or maybe know of a kit to do so? Could it just be a matter of bypassing the VATS, removing the steering lock, and adding an electronic button to turn over the starter?

All you need is a momentary switch of sufficient capacity. I've got one hooked up under my hood that comes in handy when running through the valves and such.

It's a cool idea and I've thought about it, but the security system on the C4 can be a wiggy thang. So I passed. If you do this--much luck to you. :w

my first car was a 1950 chevy (no, not new, very used)...starter was a pushbutton...next car had start function combined with the key, much more convenient.

It's a cool idea and I've thought about it, but the security system on the C4 can be a wiggy thang. So I passed. If you do this--much luck to you. :w
Are you kidding? This is not rocket science. All he's asking for is for a separate button to activate the starter. Power to a momentary switch and a wire from that switch to the small (trigger) terminal on the starter's solenoid. Done. This will not interfere with security or the normal power-on function of the key switch. It can also be done both ways, either retaining the cranking function at the key or without.

Actually, I was kinda thinking about bypassing the whole key thing. Maybe even having a switch for the "on", and a button for the starter. I don't know, it was just a passing thought, and I was wondering if there were any customizers out there that have done something along this line.

I had a Code Alarm system put in which included remote start. I just use that as I approach the car, or even in the car with the key inserted in the ignition but not on, then just turn the ign on and go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom