Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Put It Away for the Winter??

Ah, Pinky, you have put your finger on the nub of an argument almost as old as the CAC itself: the Corvette in Winter.

While I'm quite sure this thread will generate some definate opinions <AHEM... REMO>, let me just offer a word of caution <AHEM... REMO>. I will be watching this thread closely. <AHEM... REMO>
-Patrick

Hey Patrick - haven't I been good about all this?
Remo:cool

You certainly have! You must be ready to break down any time now!:L

Elaine

SORRY - But reading the Subject Name to this thread in August just cracks me up! :D

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Yea I can't believe they are talking about putting them away already, I drove mine the last two winters when the roads were clear; it did sit covered for about 2 weeks last winter though and I can swear the red got a little brighter when I took the cover off almost as if to say "about time" ;)

This thread is really depressing for those of us in areas with 4 seasons with the 4th one being yuck! In my case last year the poor baby spent a couple of weeks under cover due to snow on the road. Anytime there is ice or snow I leave it parked because the "other idiots" on the road get a lot more dangerous. This year I will be a little better since I took over part of the garage for my lift and storage of the vette... It will be a lot easier to roll out when a driving fix is needed...

Yes, I have to admit, you have been good, Remo.

So, how's the 14 day forecast for West Townsend look? Any "yankee cotton" in the near future?

-Patrick

Yes, I have to admit, you have been good, Remo.

So, how's the 14 day forecast for West Townsend look? Any "yankee cotton" in the near future?

-Patrick

Now, now Patrick! That could be interpreted as cruel and abusive treatment!!:D We all know how fragile Remo's emotional stability gets at this time of year! ;LOL

Elaine

Another Ohioan here who suffered through 2 winters. I was only officially stranded maybe 6 times or so. Put her on someone's lawn once (no damage). Then there was the time I left her in a parking lot overnight due to a storm and the snow plow driver got his jollies from piling the snow on all four sides of my car. Not to mention the absurd amount of salt the appears suddenly. They can't plow worth a damn, but boy will they salt. Ohio was clearly winning, so I moved to California.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom