Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Puzzled in Wisconsin

Brian Ringelstetter

Corvette
1974 Blue Coupe
Greetings everyone, I am new here and have a problem. When I plug in my battery gage (ammeter) in my ‘74, the whole gage cluster is hot. If I try to plug the temp gage in it sparks. Is there a insulator that I am missing somewhere? Car has been apart for 15 years, everything was fine way back then.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I'm going to move your thread into the C3 Tech Forum for greater exposure...

When you say you are "plugging in" these gauges, I'm trying to understand what you mean.

Are you working underneath the instrument panel connecting the wiring harness to the gauges? Are you doing this with the ignition on or off?

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!
are you rebuilding the gauge cluster??
did you get a new gauge???

When you say you are "plugging in" these gauges, I'm trying to understand what you mean.

Are you working underneath the instrument panel connecting the wiring harness to the gauges? Are you doing this with the ignition on or off?

I am working with the gages in the bezel, the key was off. I have since insulated the ammeter with o-rings where it meets the mounting holes, that seems to have worked, the entire gage cluster is no longer “hot “. Car starts and ammeter seems to work.
Many issues with an old Vette that has been apart for so long.
Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom