Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

QA1 shocks and adjustable coil overs

Delph

Corvette
1967 Corvette Roadster Bigblock 500+HP
Has anyone used this setup or something similar? I am researching my options right now. I would like to lower my 67 and I am not into having that big transverse spring on the front of my car. I know many of you have done that. I am not knocking the VB&P setup, I would like to keep everything simple and easy to change back if needed one day. I am also considering installing a manual BOLT IN rack and pinion steering system. So, if it makes any difference I wanted to throw that out there.

thanks for the info.

Tim

man...I thought this forum had some experience with adjustable coil overs :confused

check with the jim meyer people

know this is not the exact answer or even close.. but no one else was responding but if you look at the people who installed the jim meyer racing frnt end on their c-1's you may get an idea as they use QA-1 and coil overs

There's a couple of guys on the C3 forum using coil overs for their custom setups. I will copy your thread over there...

-Mac

Delph said:
man...I thought this forum had some experience with adjustable coil overs :confused

Delph

I did not respond to this thread as I thought it was questioning how to use them on a midyear to replace the rear spring.And that I have No knowledge on

The only thing I know about them so far.

There tecnical support wants to know facts when you call them ,Whats the front weight? whats the rear weight,What is the total travel? Thats why I had to have my car weighed.Normally when dealing with a tecnical support person who only is asking for facts like this ,I have found in the past that they have little exspereance and they are only able to help by looking at a chart, Originally when I called I was exspecting the call to go like this.

Whats the problem? What spring are you running now? Jump up to these springs and you should be fine.

Best of luck

Thanks everyone. I did talk to QA1. The prices seem reasonable and straight forward. I was hoping that someone has experience with them or someone like Sharkbite before I take a leap of faith.

Thanks again for the feedback. :beer

Tim

Delph said:
Has anyone used this setup or something similar? I am researching my options right now. I would like to lower my 67 and I am not into having that big transverse spring on the front of my car. I know many of you have done that. I am not knocking the VB&P setup, I would like to keep everything simple and easy to change back if needed one day. I am also considering installing a manual BOLT IN rack and pinion steering system. So, if it makes any difference I wanted to throw that out there.

I was considering the coilovers as well. I want to lower the front end a bit. I decided the price of the coilovers was not justified for me just to set the height once. I would not be changing the settings for driving conditions as you would on a race car. I purchaced a suspension kit form VBP with front coils. I have not yet installed it but I figure I will find a way to lower the front if necessary after the installation is completed. Just a thought.

Sky65 said:
I was considering the coilovers as well. I want to lower the front end a bit. I decided the price of the coilovers was not justified for me just to set the height once. I would not be changing the settings for driving conditions as you would on a race car. I purchaced a suspension kit form VBP with front coils. I have not yet installed it but I figure I will find a way to lower the front if necessary after the installation is completed. Just a thought.

what kit are you referring to? Is it cheaper than QA1? Are you able to lower your car? I am very curious to know what you are doing...especially if the price is right.

Delph,

I know you have decided against the VB&P front setup, but if it were any easier to drop to the ground, I could do it in my sleep.

My car is too low to go on any hoist type but a drive-on. It was easy to do.

Delph said:
what kit are you referring to? Is it cheaper than QA1? Are you able to lower your car? I am very curious to know what you are doing...especially if the price is right.

I bought this kit, http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=482 only with the "touring" springs.

I was looking at the coilovers for a height adjustment but I realized I would really only be setting it once. Why pay between $525 and $950 just to set the front end once? I bought the VBP complete kit as a matched suspension package for the price of just the fully adjustable front only coilovers. After I have the kit installed, if it needs to be lowered in the the front I will deal with it. I shorten a spring or heat a coil to relax it. If I screw it up a new set of coils is only $80.

This is just my perspective on getting what I need and the most for my dollar. I only ment it as a consideration before dropping what I consider big money for two shocks and two spings.

Tom

I gotcha. Sounds like a good plan let me know how it turns out. I think I might buy the QA1 Coilovers and the VB&P front suspension kit minus the shocks and springs. Take some pictures when you get it all done. I am sure its going to look great with all of the new parts.

:upthumbs

Delph said:
I gotcha. Sounds like a good plan let me know how it turns out. I think I might buy the QA1 Coilovers and the VB&P front suspension kit minus the shocks and springs. Take some pictures when you get it all done. I am sure its going to look great with all of the new parts.

:upthumbs

Will do.
Good luck with your set up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom