Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

QA1 TS Stocker Star series for 93 coupe

bat1954

Corvette
1993 Artic White
Just to let every know about my install of these shocks. Original Bilstein's where pretty worn out. The TS 511&TS512 I picked are stated they are OEM fit. Not at all. The rear shocks are a smaller thickness at the bottom mounting eye than the originals. To make them fit and keep the closest geometry to originals I used 9/16 washers drilled out to 39/64 to go onto the mounting stud to provide a shoulder for the inboard and outboard side sleeve you install thru the rubber bushing to seat and crush the rubber. I used one on the inside and two on the outside. On the front shocks the supplied mounting bolts are to large of an OD to go thru the mounting holes and are to short also. Used the factory mounting bolts and placed 5/16 washers on top of T Bar lower mounting. QA1 has a mounting stud kit that I later bought to see if that would make a better mounting system for the rear shocks. I have not put them on and probably will not as it will angle the shock to much for my liking. Anyway I am not suggesting to anyone on how to install or influence a purchase decision in any manner. Just relaying my thoughts and my install. I did call QA1 and the person I talked to was of no help as to why they were not a direct fit. Maybe I just got the wrong person on Good Friday. Currently I am adjusting for ride control and am at nine clicks from lowest setting. Only time will tell if I should have put Bilstien's back on.
Don

QA 1 Stocker Stars

Just to let every know about my install of these shocks. Original Bilstein's where pretty worn out. The TS 511&TS512 I picked are stated they are OEM fit. Not at all. The rear shocks are a smaller thickness at the bottom mounting eye than the originals. To make them fit and keep the closest geometry to originals I used 9/16 washers drilled out to 39/64 to go onto the mounting stud to provide a shoulder for the inboard and outboard side sleeve you install thru the rubber bushing to seat and crush the rubber. I used one on the inside and two on the outside. On the front shocks the supplied mounting bolts are to large of an OD to go thru the mounting holes and are to short also. Used the factory mounting bolts and placed 5/16 washers on top of T Bar lower mounting. QA1 has a mounting stud kit that I later bought to see if that would make a better mounting system for the rear shocks. I have not put them on and probably will not as it will angle the shock to much for my liking. Anyway I am not suggesting to anyone on how to install or influence a purchase decision in any manner. Just relaying my thoughts and my install. I did call QA1 and the person I talked to was of no help as to why they were not a direct fit. Maybe I just got the wrong person on Good Friday. Currently I am adjusting for ride control and am at nine clicks from lowest setting. Only time will tell if I should have put Bilstien's back on.
Don

Wow, good to know, I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of these for my '93. Thanks for the heads up!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom