Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about different years

RHS

Corvette
2007 Victory Red Corvette Convertable
I have been trying to find the differences in the 2005 thru 2008. I have been looking for a way to tell the different years, with out seeing the vin #. I can not see anything different. What am I missing??.:confused

I have been trying to find the differences in the 2005 thru 2008. I have been looking for a way to tell the different years, with out seeing the vin #. I can not see anything different. What am I missing??.:confused

What differences are you looking for, visual, or options available?

What differences are you looking for, visual, or options available?

I am looking for visual differences. I think I can find the options in the spec sheets, but I have not found anything on visual.

Thanks

The wheels can be a visual difference for the cars. However, they can easily be switched between cars.

The 2005 though, does have at least one, and potentially two, visual differences from the 2006 to 2008 Vette. The 2005 has a 4-spoke steering wheel that is one-year only. It has been a 3-spoke wheel from 2006 on. Also, if a 2005 is equipped with XM radio there will be a "wart" on the top of the b-pillar bow. That would be the XM antenna. On later year cars, the XM antenna was integrated into the outside rearview mirrors.

As far as other differences, there are none that come to mind. The cars are visually identical, except for the above mentioned differences.

Thanks for the information! I kept looking ,but could not see anything. Now I know.

The wheels can be a visual difference for the cars. However, they can easily be switched between cars.

The 2005 though, does have at least one, and potentially two, visual differences from the 2006 to 2008 Vette. The 2005 has a 4-spoke steering wheel that is one-year only. It has been a 3-spoke wheel from 2006 on. Also, if a 2005 is equipped with XM radio there will be a "wart" on the top of the b-pillar bow. That would be the XM antenna. On later year cars, the XM antenna was integrated into the outside rearview mirrors.

As far as other differences, there are none that come to mind. The cars are visually identical, except for the above mentioned differences.

I did forget to say that the Z06 and ZR1 have many visual differences that are easy to spot. The above mentioned applies to non Z06/ZR1 vettes.

Unless an owner has removed them, the 2006 and newer Vettes have the little, square "GM" logo button low on the car between the door and the rear tire. The 2005 never got this button.

2008 got different wheels - see my avatar - but lots of people change wheels so it's hard to make that a "tell" between the models.

More steering wheel stuff: My '08 has radio control buttons on the right spoke. My '06 does not. Can't remember if '07 got them or not.

Yes my 07 does have the radio controls on the rh spoke. So the only body visual is the chrome between the door and fender that's not on only the 05?

Yes my 07 does have the radio controls on the rh spoke. So the only body visual is the chrome between the door and fender that's not on only the 05?

Without looking inside, the "GM" button and the XM antenna on the roof are about it between the '05 and newer C6's.

'06

The "GM" side buttons on my '06 were removed on day two of ownership (tacky).:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom