Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about glass Targa minor repair

RacerAlex

Corvette
1987 Red Coupe (Z52) 1989 Red Coupe (MN6 Z51 FX3)
Here's a quick and hopefully easy one: On the interior-side of a GM glass targa top there's a small lip that runs the entire circumference - up close to the acrylic glass. This lip is fitted with a small rubber trim piece. On my '87, the rubber has started to pull away in one of the corners. What adhesive should I use to attach it back down?

Here's a not-so easy one: On the same top, the underside "black-out" masking outside the frame has dryed and peeled along the front edge. Anyone have a good solution to re-black-out the edge? Paint? Tape? Etc.

Here's a quick and hopefully easy one: On the interior-side of a GM glass targa top there's a small lip that runs the entire circumference - up close to the acrylic glass. This lip is fitted with a small rubber trim piece. On my '87, the rubber has started to pull away in one of the corners. What adhesive should I use to attach it back down?

Here's a not-so easy one: On the same top, the underside "black-out" masking outside the frame has dryed and peeled along the front edge. Anyone have a good solution to re-black-out the edge? Paint? Tape? Etc.

Melrose sent me some stuff to reblack out a top I got from them. I'm sure you could give them a call. They may sell you some. I don't know what it is though.

Thanks for the tip Josh.

As for the adhesive to use on the trim rubber... anyone have a suggestion?

I just took mine to the local glass repair place

Thanks for the tip Josh.

As for the adhesive to use on the trim rubber... anyone have a suggestion?

They charged me $15 As expensive as these tops are, do you really want to risk it?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom