Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

question about redline tire sizes for a 67

Delph

Corvette
1967 Corvette Roadster Bigblock 500+HP
I had a thought the other day. Is there a larger tire for a red line? does anyone make a 235 or 245 series type red line?

I would love to have a 15x7 on the front with 225 series tires and a 235-245 series with a 15x8 on the rear with a redline. That would be perfect for my 67 running the stock ralley style rims. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have the 17's without redlines now it looks cool but I think it could look really cool with the 15's and redlines...if they are large enough.

Tim

TimsVette4-05-05010.jpg

thanks allcoupedup. I just found out in another group the same info. I had no idea that they made these things this large. This is awesome.

has anyone done this with lager than 215's? I would love to see some pictures of someones car that has done this. It doesnt have to be a C2.

Tim

You will have to check if 8" rims will fit on the back. They might have to be custom made and still you will need the offset trailing arms. I have the offsets and the regular 8" rallyes will not fit. I am going to try 5 1/2 " backspacing and perhaps then, if not I will go with 7 " as they fit. Good luck.

Gerry

Thanks guys, yes, about 80 percent of our customers run 215/70R15's on their C2's. 17's will look awesome. We have done several sets or 17's for C2's with tubular chasis and LT1's with redlines but don't have any pics for you guys. If you have any questions, let me know. Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom