Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about throttle cables

Dougs91

Corvette
1991 blue coupe
Want to remove the throttle body on my 91,never done it,and looking at the throttle cables leaves me:confused . I,ve got a Helm's,but can't find a good description on how to remove/replace the cables.Can anyboby show me the light:cry

Okay, '91 should be the same as an '87, right?
ACCELERATOR CONTROLS

The accelerator control system is cable type. There are no linkage adjustments.

As there are no adjustments, the specific cable for each application must be used. Only the specific replacement part will work.

When work has been performed on accelerator controls, always check to ensure that all components are installed as removed and that all linkage and cables are not rubbing or binding in any manner. Throttle should operate freely without bind between full closed and wide open throttle.

Accelerator Control Cable

When performing service on the accelerator control cable, observe the following:
  • Retainer must be installed with tangs secured over head of stud.
  • Conduit fitting at both ends of cable must have locking tangs expanded and locked in attaching holes.
  • The braided portion of the accelerator cable must not come in contact with the front of dash sealer during assembly, repair or replacement of the assembly.
  • Flexible components (hoses, wires, conduits, etc.) must be routed within 50mm (2") of moving parts of accelerator linkage outboard of support unless routing is positively controlled.
Whenever disconnecting or replacing parts, lube pivot points with Accelerator Linkage Lubricant, 1052541 or equivalent.
In my '87 service manual, the diagram is on page 6C-10. All it shows basically is where you see the cable attach to the throttle body with the clip. I think you can figure that one out. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom