Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question--C5 fuel tank(s)

GSJoe

Corvette
1995 Torch Red ZR-1
Hey folks, I'm a novice when it comes to C5 cars as I've never owned one. I have owned numerous Corvettes--C2, C3, C4 and C6, but never a C5. At present I own a '95 C4 ZR-1, and with that said, let me ask my question. Yesterday I got a message from a friend with a 2002 C5 convertible saying he was in need of a gas tank and fuel sender. The dealer told him these items were no longer available from Chevrolet. His question was "where do I find these?" I did some searching online last night and discovered something I did not know. Is it true that these cars had two fuel tanks??? If so, where can I tell him to look for aftermarket or used ones. Any help with this will be much appreciated...by me and my friend.

Yes, there are two tanks. Appx. 9 gal each. :thumb

Thanks

Thank you, gentlemen, for your replies to my inquiry. Additionally, we now know we have to go "used". I guess the search is on. Thanks again.

You can get new sender/pump units all day long.

Why does he think he needs a new tank. I would like to know the dealer/shop explanation Does not sound correct to me. A sender and a tank.

PS: Your C6 has two tanks also.

Needs as tank....hmmm!

You can get new sender/pump units all day long.

Why does he think he needs a new tank. I would like to know the dealer/shop explanation Does not sound correct to me. A sender and a tank.

PS: Your C6 has two tanks also.

I agree, it sounds weird to me too since I'm fairly sure the car has not been involved in an accident. I'll pass on your comment and see if I can get a reasonable reply. As for the C6, I no longer own it, but I was not aware when I did have it that it had two tanks. I know my 1995 ZR-1, like all C4 cars, has but one tank. Thanks again for your input.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom