Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question for GMJunkie

MusclecarJohn

Corvette
'92 arctic white coupe
Hey Jesse, you mentioned "right stuff' gasket sealer in my previous post and I bought it but haven't read the directions on it yet and just wanted to know if I can use this stuff on oil pan gasket as well as water pump gasket? does it go on both sides of gaskets? also, is it bad to have the oil pan off of the engine till next weekend?

Hey Jesse, you mentioned "right stuff' gasket sealer in my previous post and I bought it but haven't read the directions on it yet and just wanted to know if I can use this stuff on oil pan gasket as well as water pump gasket? does it go on both sides of gaskets? also, is it bad to have the oil pan off of the engine till next weekend?
I use it sparingly anywhere the factory would use RTV,I normally don't use it on water pump gaskets!:thumb Front and Rear of Intake,Timing Cover,Oil Pan Front and Rear,There should be a diagram and explanation of where the put the rtv with your gasket set!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

OK, I also have the blue rtv from gm, so I'll use that on the WP gaskets, Thanks Junk

The rubber one piece pan gasket used on your engine seldom give problems unlike the 4 piece sets used on the earlier engines that need sealant where they join.
I have reused the same 1 pce gasket several times with no leaks ( no sealant ) so long as the pan rails are straight and the timing cover is good where it meets the pan

vetteoz, we cleaned the gasket mating surfaces really good,
so I will do as you did, Thanks :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom