Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

question new vette owner

RON S.

Corvette
1981 BLACK ON BLACK
;help;help well first problem: i removed the bra from the previos owner i had to disconnct the top hose line (one w/ pinch clamp) off the accuators. and know as all you pros know the headlights do not go up. they worked great before . what do i need to do to fix this. thanks --ron :confused :confused

well i figured out this morning the 2 lines were dry rotted and had cracked,quick run to my local shop and know the headlights work! thanks to all that had looked at the post called it was a simple fix. ron

There's a whole slew of vacuum lines under the hood which are probably as old as the two you replaced. You might want to give them the once over and check for vacuum leaks.

:)
vacsys.jpg

New Vacuum Hoses.

It was almost 70* here today so I changed all mine, my car turns 35 tomorrow so that was her present. PG.

Just a typo!

Hi Vettehead Mikey, just a typo, Born May 1, 1974, that makes her 34! Thank God I didn't add a year to my wifes age, I'd be sleeping on the couch, PG.

Thanks Mike the diagram came in real handy. L
Like i said this is my first vette.I'm learning as I go. I am having to much fun driving her. I have not even started to detail her the way I want. Checking all the lines and if need be I will be off to my local shop/
Again thanks for the diagram---Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom