Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question on 58 Grill

SMOKINGJOE

Corvette
1967 B/B Coupe w/AC + 3:08
On my original grille teeth the studs protrude out from the back edge of the tooth 15/16" with a finished bolt end showing it has not been cut off.

On the original grill upper and lower mldg the stud is 3/4" long and has a finished bolt end showing it has never been cut off. I have a pair of NOS GM mldgs I purchased new in 1971. The studs are 2 3/4" on these parts as removed from the original GM boxes.

This makes me wonder if the judges look at the rear of the studs to see if they have been cut off or are factorey finished bolt ends.

Tom

Hi All I am doing some work on a friends 58 you might have given some thoughts on it in the below thread.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c1-c2-general-technical-discussion/113964-58-views.html

I have a question on the upper n lower grill and on the grill itself. How long should the studs stick out. I have a pic in my album.
They look long I can cut them just like too know how long is long.
Thank You
:beer:beer:beer
yup, that is how my '60 looks, but I am going to adjust mine next time I fuss in that area....but then my car isn't NCRS....

I switched to a new browser and all of a sudden I can upload pictures again. Amazing. :L I dumped IE8.

Here are the grille moulding and tooth pics. The original is next to the new GM (1971) for comparison.

Thanks guys. I cut them off and it looks much nicer and looks like the pic.

:beer:beer:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom