Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

QUESTIONAIRE: -tell us why you personally have a C3-vette (conv. or coupe, SB/BB)...

My Uncle had three Vette's when I was young....a 1960, 64, and a 67 :cool. The one thing I remember when he would take me for rides was the round knob that opened the doors :thumb . When I was about 10, I remember telling a friend that one day I would own a corvette like my uncle. I waited for the style I liked the best and when I saw the '82 limited Edition....I was in love :chuckle. I loved the round body style, the rounded rear window and the longer nose, but I didn't like the wheels it had. I loved the slot wheels instead, so when it was time to buy, I went with the '81. I still love the '82, but I didn't want to buy one and put the slot wheels on since it wouldn't be original :eek:hnoes . I'm looking at a '77 only to fix up, I'm not real fond of the body style, so I'm not concerned about keeping it original.

Simple. It or they were the best you could buy. 11 second cars right out of the box. :upthumbs Too bad that more peopple could have enjoyed one when new. If you bought it correctly like I did, they were awsome pieces. And I will drink to that:beer

DSC0000vx4.jpg

DSC00gher54.jpg

I always loved the C3's. I think whatever you grow up seeing as a youngster is the one you like. I really wanted a chrome bumper vette but they are out of my range and I wouldn't say no to a free 96 Grand Sport or a Z06, but the 82 was another favorite and more in my budget, though its not in my budget anymore.

When I bought the car a few years ago I was between a rock and a hard place and riding in the vette gave me a feeling that was missing and when I was behind the wheel all my problems vanished for a while and it was just me, the road, sometimes my son and my vette. Maybe thats why I miss driving her so much, its my zen time.

I always loved the C3's. I think whatever you grow up seeing as a youngster is the one you like. I really wanted a chrome bumper vette but they are out of my range and I wouldn't say no to a free 96 Grand Sport or a Z06, but the 82 was another favorite and more in my budget, though its not in my budget anymore.

When I bought the car a few years ago I was between a rock and a hard place and riding in the vette gave me a feeling that was missing and when I was behind the wheel all my problems vanished for a while and it was just me, the road, sometimes my son and my vette. Maybe thats why I miss driving her so much, its my zen time.

very well said......every dime we had went into buying the bar last year, including selling one of our cars for the down payment and th have a little slush fund....(very little) as much as we were making more than we had ever made we were also spending 75-80% on stock, insurance, payroll and not to mention the state fees and lawyers fees..... just by chance i found this car sitting just about 2 miles from my house, right around the corner from one of my best friends in fact.... the price was right, i had a couple things i could sell and borrowed the rest from my father (bank interest rates are much safer) and much of a piece of crap as it was when i fiirst got it .... it was mine, and people loved it, and i couldnt have felt better driving it.... and now that my son has become an absolute nut about it it makes it even more fun!!

Just like everyone else here I loved vettes when I was a kid. I'm not sure I had a favorite (C2, C3) growing up in the '60's & '70's, they were all eye candy to me and I knew that had to have one and that one day I would.
By the time I was in a position to buy I wanted a mid year, but the prices just sky rocketed beyond what I was able to afford. I started looking at C3's, but I wanted a '69 427, or an LT-1 - I'm glad I ended up with the car I have

I've had a 14k mile Silver Clarinet 82, a 9K mile 82 Col ED, a Red 85 Coupe w/4spOD, and a Frame Off 72 Roadster - SM Block Auto. But after a decade off from the hobbie, when I could have bought any model I wanted.

I chose the 82 CE:thumb
snip

Hey i know thee.. :w

I always loved the form of the 80-82. Though i had to get used to the color and then following that the abuse here in Germany for driving it. 15 years later: I've gotten used to the color and laugh at the abuse. ;LOL

:w
-Stefan

Hey i know thee.. :w

I always loved the form of the 80-82. Though i had to get used to the color and then following that the abuse here in Germany for driving it. 15 years later: I've gotten used to the color and laugh at the abuse. ;LOL

-Stefan

why the abuse? cause it isnt a bmw or a benz ya know what i say to that...............:finger

why the abuse? cause it isnt a bmw or a benz ya know what i say to that...............:finger

Not such much the make, but people here were/are stuck in the 70's and call(ed) it a Pimp Car a lot of times. Some girls refused to ride with the car (sorry, gonna have to walk then girly, dontcha? :W). And nowadays, anything over 1L of displacement is thought to be polluting. :eyerole
I usually only pay attention to positive responses, which the kids are good for EVERY time. Some others have gotten around and do comment nicely on it; the others, i just laugh in their face, which ticks them off badly. :D

WHY??? I have a C3 Vette you ask

When I was 12 years old, I went to the movies with my older sister and brother-in-law. We drove by one of the Cevy dealerships in St Louis and there sitting on the corner of the lot were several brand new Vettes. On the elevated platform was the most beautiful car I had ever seen and fell instantly in love with the darkest blue brand new new 68 Vette convertable. I wanted one ever since that moment. On our 25th wedding anniversary my first love bought 2nd luv for me. Lois loves riding with the T-tops off, unfortunately, for her ;), she can't push the clutch in since her back surgery 2 years ago.

By the way, I started a new job 3 months ago and while waiting for my company vehicle they have been PAYING me to drive the Vette. I put almost 8,000 miles on her going on service calls. Got a lot of interesting looks from the customers when I showed up to fix their instrument in a classic Vette with sidepipes and T-tops off.

Because my Dad gave me his 1969 Vette that he bought in 1968.

To me, the C3 is the most beautiful of Corvette designs. I always wanted one growing up.

why you personally have a C3-vette

1/07/69, Bought my first one, new.
5/20/75, ordered my second new one.
1/07/99, bought my first used car, my third vette, a 79.
Never even sat in another model. C3s, are corvette.
Looks like a beater, goes like stink.
Any one can have a new one. It takes stamina to own and drive a C3.
In a few months, my vette, will be 30. I'm too old to date a 30 year old female. This one will have to do.
She takes my money and laughs at the world.

"It takes stamina to own and drive a C3"

i drove an older (80 something) porsche 911 turbo a few weeks back, the car was ridiculously fast for its age but talk about uncomfortable and a workout to drive, definetly a car that was on my wish list at one point and is now been scratched off, after getting in that and back in my vette i was very happy with my car! :D

A lot of us fixate on the look and stile of the first one we :drool: over as a kid. That's why I bought the 82. Then you learn to love the rest of them and get carried away.

Wow, this thread has pulled a few people out of the woodwork! :L :upthumbs

Basically, as was stated above, it was the first model I really recall seeing as a youngin'. And as it goes, the 80-82's were the first ones I really recall noticing. I loved the scheme of the 82 Collector Edition. And when it came time for me finally buy my car, these cars ('76 and newer) were really affordable. Obviously, the paint scheme on my car is an homage to the 82CE (and the 63GS).

I got mine as part of a package deal. My wife ordered it new because her mom wouldn't let her drive her's (yellow '79 L82). When we got married the '81 came along and will unlikely ever be sold. I have never had a Corvette with my name on the title newer than 1967 but it's all in the family, right?

Bought my 68 in 1972 and have owned it ever since. C-3 was the latest then and the one I still like the best. Love the lines and the fact that it is not possible to confuse it with any other automobile. Really can't say that with the much newer ones. Rebuilt it once in the later 70's and am going through a full body off restore right now. Would rather restore my C-3 than sell it and buy any later version.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom