Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions about putting my Z06 on the dyno?

MoeJr said:
...I gotta ask why you need 400 wheel hp? An 01 Z is already a hi 12 second car and with your mods should be in the mid 12's. There are very few places you can use that power here in the USA...
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL Now THAT'S funny!! Wanna go for a ride?? ;) :D :lou

As for the dyno question, I bet you're leaving 20 or more rwhp on the table. As Todd said, time for a tune... Don't even use comp mode on the dyno, turn AH/TC off completely.

xtremejimmy said:
Hi there, I'm new to the corvette world seeing as how I just bought an 01' Millenium Yellow Z06. Anyways, i already have full length headers, magnaflow full exhaust, vortex intake, and i believe it has a predator tune. Now, I have a couple questions here. I put it on the dyno and it only made 350hp at the wheel. Now, my question is that could it be that it has a tune on it to make it conservative or something? I would of thought I would be making at least 400 at the wheel with those mods. Secondly, when I ran it on the dyno, the computer said I need to service active handling/traction control. I disconnected the battery in hopes that it would reset itself but with no luck. Eventually, I got home, disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, drove it around after, and it went back to normal. Is there a certain way I have to dyno it so as to avoid the computer freaking out about the active handling/traction control? Thanks!

ON the dyno, remember to do the following:

1. Turn off A/C

2. Turn off active handling

3. Bring RPMs up in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, at a moderate rate, this helps bring the engine oil temps up.

4. Once in 4th, bring RPM up to about 2500... when operator is ready, go to wide open throttle and hold until redline/fuel cutoff.

5. Allow the drivetrain to coast down in neutral, don't use the brakes.

You will probably have a dash full of caution lights because the rear tires are spinning while the fronts are stationary..... sounds elementary I know but sometimes we forget those things in the excitement of the dyno run.

350 RWHP sounds pretty good for an 01 that started life with 385 HP at the flywheel before mods.

I know that when we see highly modified Vettes that are dynoing with 400 - 450 RWHP that 350 doesn't sound like much. But putting 350 HP to the ground in a car that can be such a gentle daily driver is actually quite remarkable in my opinion..... for what that's worth.

so in the event that i go and dyno her again, what do i do to turn off the dash full of lights after? It just kinda worries me because that one time on the dyno, it said to service traction/active handling and i freaked out cause i had just bought the car. I just want to avoid any complications while still tuning to make some more power.

Dynojet chassis dynos give higher readings than Mustang dynos since the measurement is taken differently. Which did you use? Secondly, the active handling could have very easily skewed the numbers. Thirdly, my numbers on a stock '03, using a Dynojet with only the intake changed to Honker while still strapped to the Dyno for installation to get a really good true picture of improvement yielded 359 RWHP/ 347 torque as best as I remember. This was 11HP and 13 torque improvement with only intake (everything else stock).

sorry guys, havent had a chance to get to the dyno. work/school has been killer. I've been trying to finish this degree already to get a raise at my job. As far as the car, running great still, but super super rich. Like, after a day of driving, the whole rear end of the car is black. And you can literally smell the fuel from it running so rich. I'm guessing that leaning it out some will yield me some more power on the dyno and will also help the fuel mileage while its at it? I guess i'll just have to wait till i have a break from school to re-dyno her

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom