Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions about the "Z06" vette

Ironranger30

Corvette
2003 Yellow Z06
I am looking to buy a corvette and was originally thinking a 2001 base one (not Z06) but i wanta Z06 now that i drove one they are wicked and the control is amazing.. the prices are different everyday on these car most are 30000+ one day then they are 25000?? I have 25,000 i am willing to spend i want one with less then 70,000 miles preferably yellow or black but any color will work.. Anyone have one or know soemone with one in this price range? Anyways i dont mean to put this wanted ad in general discussion but i just wanna know how does everyone like the Z06? What are the "positive" things and "negative" things about the car, what mods are you running, and what exhaust?

if anyone does have one for sale around my price range pleese let me know..

thanks

Not to promote other forums but I believe you should do a search in the Corvette forum C5 for sale section and also try one of the online auto for sale forums. You will find enough to look at there. Good luck.

Z06's are great cars my dad has an 04, but keep in mind the 01 has less horse power than the 02-04. The 01 is 375 while the rest are 405. The market stand point is that since the 05 corvette came with 405 standard that dropped the value of the z06's a bit I just saw a local one here in NJ an 02 sell for 22,000 so you shouldn't have an issue getting a real nice one for your price range. Try collector car trader online, good luck!

www.pinnaclerestorations.com

Z06's are great cars my dad has an 04, but keep in mind the 01 has less horse power than the 02-04. The 01 is 375 while the rest are 405. The market stand point is that since the 05 corvette came with 405 standard that dropped the value of the z06's a bit I just saw a local one here in NJ an 02 sell for 22,000 so you shouldn't have an issue getting a real nice one for your price range. Try collector car trader online, good luck!

www.pinnaclerestorations.com

385 HP Dude!!:upthumbs Mine still got me a heck of a Fine and Driving School!!:D:D:D

My first Corvette was a '97 targa top coupe with an automatic transmission. It was fun, no doubt. But I always found myself looking at the 6-speeds with envy. When I decided to get a manual transmission 'Vette, I decided that I might as well get the beast and get a Z06. I like the roof line better, anyway. So I got my 2002 electron blue Z06. It is my daily driver.

The big disadvantage to the Z06 is the fixed roof. There are times when I would like to be able to take the roof off and go for open air motoring. I do miss that. My wife would drive the '97 with the automatic, but she does not like to drive the Z06. I don't find it difficult to drive, but she finds it a bit intimidating. But if you want great performance right out of the box, the Z06 is hard to beat.

Other people take a different approach so that they can have a beast with an open roof. A "regular" Corvette can be modified to have all the power that your wallet can afford. There are several turbocharger, supercharger, or head/cams packages that offer more power than any sane person can use. I think that $6000-$8000 will do the job. Or even adding long tube headers, high flow cats, a Vararam or Honker induction, etc would get you close to Z06 performance for $2500-$3500. A good coupe for $20,000 plus a few mods might be an option as well.

thanks for the reply's guys. keep your eyes open for me pleese if you see one for sale 2002-2003 i want the 405 hp not 375 or 385 one haha.

thanks again for the help..

thanks for the reply's guys. keep your eyes open for me pleese if you see one for sale 2002-2003 i want the 405 hp not 375 or 385 one haha.

thanks again for the help..

There are two beauties for sale right here in the C5s For Sale Section:beer Go get one.

I am looking to buy a corvette and was originally thinking a 2001 base one (not Z06) but i wanta Z06 now that i drove one they are wicked and the control is amazing.. the prices are different everyday on these car most are 30000+ one day then they are 25000?? I have 25,000 i am willing to spend i want one with less then 70,000 miles preferably yellow or black but any color will work.. Anyone have one or know soemone with one in this price range? Anyways i dont mean to put this wanted ad in general discussion but i just wanna know how does everyone like the Z06? What are the "positive" things and "negative" things about the car, what mods are you running, and what exhaust?

if anyone does have one for sale around my price range pleese let me know..

thanks

Ranger,
get you a Z. I have an '02 with 26,000 miles on her and I love this car. I also have an '86 and a '78. Each of these cars are different with the Z at the top of the list as far as performance and handling. Of course that is a given with the advancements in technology. To sum it up....I love my Z and it is a blast to drive.

Thank goodness for Cruse-control or I too would be getting citations left and right:chuckle.

:w
HD

attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom