Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Quick Detailing Sprays

L

Lucky

Do you use instead of washing? What brand? How often etc.?

Pros, Cons....................

Thanks - Lucky

I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer about once a week. It does an excellent job. I always use a California Duster first to get all dust and dirt off before using this product. As far as washing goes, it depends on how much you are driving your car. My 88 is a weekend vehicle when weather permits. As of right now, its in the garage under a cover. Its -4, with wind chills at -30 to -35. I can't wait to drive it again.

Yes, I use a quick detail spray on a regular basis. And yes, this is in place of washing. My car sees the inside of the garage more than the road, so this method is something that works for me. I can't imagine maintaining my car without this product.

My favorite quick detail spray is Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl. It is a carnauba based spray and it's fantastic.

A second choice is Gliptone's quick detail spray (pink spray in a clear bottle.) This is a carnauba based spray as well. Not all sprays contain carnauba, so choose one that is compatible with your top coat.

I use both sprays with high quality microfiber towels only.

I am with Yarls24 100%. I use Meguiars Detailer before every show or weekend gathering during the season. Meguiars has kept a great shine on my 64. You can't beat the Ca. Duster also. I only need to wash my Vette a few times a season because she stays in the garage when not in use. All of this cold and snowy weather has really made me look forward to spring.

Personally I use Zaino Z-6 myself

Zaino, about once per day on both cars since I have one or the other at cruise nights almost evrynight in the summer

Maguires Quick Detail, just like Lucy64 and Yarls24. I have a bottle in the Vette at all times in case the need arrises.:D

I use my California duster, and then use Zaino Z6, Detailing Spray and it keeps my vette looking good. There are no cons.

:w
Patti

I use the Duster and Meguirs. Not in the place of washing though. Mine stays in the garage,except for shows or club cruises. I have found that brake dust seems to be most of the mess I find on my vette. I wash the car before a show ,but by the time I get there. I find the brake dust on the side and back of the car. So I start with the duster, then Meguirs Detailer. Has anyone tried Mothers detailer.

I'm using "Mothers" quick detailer on my 1990 Black ZR-1 and have found it gives a better gloss then any of the others I've used. Needs to be applied on a cool surface.

I'm also using "Meguiars" Gold Class and a well broken in "California Duster ".

Thanks GordyI got some Mothers with a clay bar kit and think I'll give it a try. You don't know if you don't try.

quick detailing spray

Les I use mother's products also and have had great results with the clay and showtime spray. Just don't rub the clay in circles,and replace it if you drop it on the ground
Barry

Microfiber Towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop using microfiber towels, that happens to be 100% polyester which will scatch your paint.

Steel Half-Shafts said:
I'm using "Mothers" quick detailer on my 1990 Black ZR-1 and have found it gives a better gloss then any of the others I've used. Needs to be applied on a cool surface.

I'm also using "Meguiars" Gold Class and a well broken in "California Duster ".

Gordy
THANKS :D I bought some "Mothers Quick Detailer" and tried it on Rare's 22 year old laq. paint. I'm impressed, of course I use Klasse for the main wax/polish (?) but Mothers really brings the Shine out. Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I would not expect anything else from Mother. So I now have Mothers wheel polish, detailer and Klasse in my cabinet ;) ("wax on wax off")
Bud

Bud,
Glad the "Mothers Quick Detailer" worked out Ok for you.

Just be sure to only apply it to a cool shaded surface, it will streak if used in the direct sunlight.:nono

I used to use 100% "Mothers" products, but have found that the
"Meguiars" Gold Class Liquid" produces a better gloss and shine. Then a quick once over with the "Mothers Quick Detailer" keeps it looking good! :dance

I like the Meguire's products. I use their Quik Detailer and Cali Duster in between washes. I use Gold Class Liquid as my polish / wax. Garage Queen, so it stays pretty nice!

Re: quick detailing spray

barjo said:
Les I use mother's products also and have had great results with the clay and showtime spray. Just don't rub the clay in circles,and replace it if you drop it on the ground
Barry
A good quality microfiber towell will not scratch your paint! It is more paint friendly then a cotton towell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom