Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Quiet Ride Compartment divider

B

born2saw

Has anyone installed one of the Quiet Ride compartment dividers in their C5 convcertible? From the product description it sounds like a good idea.

I am looking for testamonials/comments/concerns from those who have tried this product before I purchase one.

Thanks,

Bruce

It does make some difference with the top up. Mainly it keeps things in the storage behind the seats from going to the back of the trunk and out of reach.
:upthumbs :beer :w

I have a partition in my Z06. I like it because it provides some interior storage volume that is distinct from the trunk. It can be removed in the event that I need to carry something too large for the trunk alone. I like the look of it as well. I initially bought it to decrease the road and tire noise. It helped some, but not as much as the sound insulation that I installed later.

I like the partition and I recommend it to others. As far as which brand to buy, I really have no opinion.

I have a partition in my Z06. I like it because it provides some interior storage volume that is distinct from the trunk. It can be removed in the event that I need to carry something too large for the trunk alone. I like the look of it as well. I initially bought it to decrease the road and tire noise. It helped some, but not as much as the sound insulation that I installed later.

I like the partition and I recommend it to others. As far as which brand to buy, I really have no opinion.

Are the rear speakers still in front of the divider (still in the 'cab')?

Are the rear speakers still in front of the divider (still in the 'cab')?

I too have a divider in my FRC and the speakers are still "in the cab."

:w
Guy

Convertible

Worthless in a convertible; absolutely worthless!!! I purchased one from Ecklers. The research that I have done indicates the majority of vert owners pretty much say the same thing. I've read that the best way for noise reduction for the vert is some type of soundproofing material, frost kinging the wheel wells, get rid of the run flats then drive it like you stole it.

I've read that the majority of vert owners say that the real value is it keeps stuff from rolling around in the back of the car.

VETSTYL

Thanks for the feedback, Vetstyl. After another deafening weekend driving the 'vert on I-80 over the Sierras, I was looking for something to help with the noise. I guess I can put the money into better speakers because I have a cargo net to keep stuff from rolling around!

Worthless in a convertible; absolutely worthless!!! I purchased one from Ecklers. The research that I have done indicates the majority of vert owners pretty much say the same thing. I've read that the best way for noise reduction for the vert is some type of soundproofing material, frost kinging the wheel wells, get rid of the run flats then drive it like you stole it.

I've read that the majority of vert owners say that the real value is it keeps stuff from rolling around in the back of the car.

VETSTYL

WOW! I was hoping to hold off the task of tearing out all the carpet for sound abatement and keep things away from my top when down & in the trunk when up, but I may have to rethink this. The one without carpet is only $39.99, but if I were to install one, I would want the carpeted one with the embroidery.

Guess it is time to add sound proofing to the winter project list :ugh

I really appreciate all the good feedback.

Bruce

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom