Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Review: Race Deck Garage Tiles

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
I got tired of looking at the old concrete garage floor and decided to cover it with something colorful. Selected "Race Deck" tiles for the job. They snap together and can be cut to fit around the edges. I put red under the V wagon, white & silver under the Vette and blue under the Volt and surrounded everything charcoal tiles.

Here's the finished floor.
Tuna_after1.jpg

Here's it is with our cars parked.
Tuna_after5.jpg

Looks nice. Hard to install?

Not really.

Hardest part was getting the garage cleaned out - removed the cabinets, workbench, fridge, toolbox, etc. You get the idea - then sweep up and clean the floor.

After that, it only took about 5 hours to lay the tiles with a large part of that cutting and laying the perimeter pieces. Wife helped a lot with laying the center pieces so it couldn't have been too difficult. ;) ;)

Putting everything back into place was easy then.

Very nice! Looks a lot better than the old flattened pieces of cardboard that I am using.........maybe I could paint the cardboard.........:D

Very nice! Looks a lot better than the old flattened pieces of cardboard that I am using.........maybe I could paint the cardboard.........:D

Use a good epoxy paint on the card board! :rotfl

Like minds...

On my garage floor, I've been considering installing a similar product made by Weathertech and sold under it's "TechFloor" brand.

Use a good epoxy paint on the card board! :rotfl
In keeping with the history of our cars, I think that maybe he should fiberglass
the cardboard! :L
Andy

I got samples from both Race Deck and TechFloor. The TechFloor tiles are a lot thinner. Cost is about the same per square foot. Decided to go with Race Deck stuff.

What kind of floor prep did you have to do to get it ready for the tiles.......anything other than just clean it well? Do they glue down or just float? I need to do something but my shop floor is real rough.........

What kind of floor prep did you have to do to get it ready for the tiles.......anything other than just clean it well? Do they glue down or just float? I need to do something but my shop floor is real rough.........

Just a good cleaning - I swept and blew out the garage then cleaned up a couple of greasy spots. That was all I needed.

The Race Deck tiles "float" on the concrete. They say to leave 1/4" or so spacing around the walls and other fixed objects to allow for expansion and contraction. That's about all I left.

If your floor is real rough with large gouges, you might want to fill them in with epoxy or some other filler so that any wait on the tiles will not cause them to crack/split and be pushed down into any holes. I did not fill in the normal grooves between slabs in my garage. They were only 1/4 to 3/8 inches wide anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom