Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Racetronix Fuel Pump Kit

OldCorvetteFan

Corvette
Black 95 6 spd Coupe (Sold); 2011 GS
When my fuel pump died on the way to Bloomington last week, I discovered that Racetronix makes a very nice kit that includes a 190L/Hr pump and various small parts that make the fuel pump installation much easier.

However, there are no written instructions with the kit - which isn't a problem for most of it.

If anyone has installed one of these kits, or can supply information, I'd appreciate answers to these questions ...

1. The kit includes a short section of fuel hose. It appears that it replaces the OEM 'pulsator.' Anyone know that this is the intent?

2. There are three small hose clamps included with the kit, and one of them has an electrical spade attached to it. I'm assuming that the standard clamps are intended to mount the fuel line mentioned above. What about that third clamp?

3. There is a small tube of dielectric grease. Is that intended as a lubricant for the new stainless steel bolts? Or is the grease to be used for both the bolts and the new gasket? Or is it for something else?

Everything else that's included makes sense to me. I'd appreciate some discussion on the three points above, though.

Thanks,
Steven

New pump installed, and running fine. Once I got everything apart, it made more sense.

Steven

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom