Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

racing seats in a c4

• Thread starter Thread starter Oldskool153
  • Start date Start date
O

Oldskool153

Im lookin to take out my leather sport seats out of my 88 and put in a set of new Sparco style cloth racing seats, u know the ones that they sell in summit or jcwhittney. my question is will a universal seat fit into the c4 cockpit? or do they need to be specially measured? thanks

Sounds like you want to rice it up a bit. It will look tacky as hell, pay the extra and keep the corvette seats in a corvette, your not driving a honda civic. It would be an insult to the entire corvette hobby.

I sorta agree but on a less harsh stance.

The ricer seats will look cheap in a Vette. I dont know if you have ever seen it, but trust me it does not look good.

I would try and find a Corvette Sports seat that is better than stock (for your application), but still looks good. I dont know of any, but maybe someone else does.

Do you just want new seats, or do you need new seats? Pretty much, what do you need seats for?

Good Luck, and let me know what you end up doing!

lol im alil insulted by the 1st reply, I wouldnt ever put anything "tacky" like two tone civic seats in my vette. I just want a nice set of all black buckets..i saw a set of sparcos in a 71' pantera and a few in older Porches and they looked good. my drivers seat is alittle F'ed up, mainly the bolster..Im not worried about keeping the car orignal, its gotta 4+3 an if that ever goes, im puttin in a t5 from a transam or iroc which means moving the shifter location

I looked at all the aftermarket seats for my 81 and was not too impressed. I went to a swap meet 2 weeks ago and picked up a set of seats from a 2002 vette. They are in perfect shape and the retro was not that hard. As soon as the rest of the interior is finished I'll post some pics.

Check out Corbeau seats. I think the A4's will fit in a C4, but you should call them and do some measuring to be sure.

http://www.corbeau.com/

If you're old seats are kind of shot looking you can get some reasonably priced covers that are custom fitted to your seats.

I have Iggies seat covers and they fit and look great.

thanks guys, yea the seats I like are $150 each from summit

Scat/Procar 80-1606-61R - Scat Procar Sportsman Racing Seats - summitracing.com

I just have to make sure they fit, also on a side note..I know that this question has been beatin to death, but i cant get a straight answer...will 99 vette wagon wheels fit on my 88? Im gonna be using 275/40/18s in the back and 245/45/17 in the front, there the stock sizes for a 99. Will they fit right on or will i need spacers? thanks

Post some pics of the new ricer seats so we can hold are noses so we don't:puke but we will probably :puke anyway.

Personally, I don't think they're a bad looking seat. Oldskool, if that's what you want to put in your car, more power to ya.! :beer

how is that ricer nelson84? I can show u PLENTY of restomod muscle cars that have those style seats in them...not to mention look in this months issue of Corvette Enthusiast...look at the article with the red z06.....oh look it has red and black Sparcos in it...hmmmm

thanks guys, yea the seats I like are $150 each from summit

Scat/Procar 80-1606-61R - Scat Procar Sportsman Racing Seats - summitracing.com

I just have to make sure they fit, also on a side note..I know that this question has been beatin to death, but i cant get a straight answer...will 99 vette wagon wheels fit on my 88? Im gonna be using 275/40/18s in the back and 245/45/17 in the front, there the stock sizes for a 99. Will they fit right on or will i need spacers? thanks

I don't think they look much different than the standard C4 seats.....;shrug Good luck with the swap. :thumb

lol thanks tom...i jus gotta do some measuring and see it theyll fit, I'd rather spend $300 on those than $600 to get mine recovered

Not to get on a rant here but...

"Ricer..."
I've always thought that term was not-so-subltly racist but, right to the point,

when did C4 owners become such snobs?

These are Corvettes people, not classic 1954 300-SL Mercedes gull wings or Ferraris.
They do mean a great deal to all of us but when it comes down to it, they're just Detroit iron.
Let's lighten up.:grouphug:

Oldskool, put whatever the hell makes you happy in your Vette. I might dislike giant rear spoilers as much as others here dislike the racing seats but it's your car. If someone else doesn't like it, frak 'em. If they're not paying for them who gives a rat's a$$ if they like em or not.

Oldskool, put whatever the hell makes you happy in your Vette. I might dislike giant rear spoilers as much as others here dislike the racing seats but it's your car. If someone else doesn't like it, frak 'em. If they're not paying for them who gives a rat's a$$ if the like em or not.

ditto :beer

Go ahead and put them in your classic corvette, but if you post pics please put a rice warning on your post:chuckle.

Go ahead and put them in your classic corvette, but if you post pics please put a rice warning on your post:chuckle.
Classic corvette???? :L It's a C4 for cripes sake.

He can do like I do. Practically every original part that I've removed (and that's quite a few) are sitting in storage.

thanks again for all the support guys! lol U READ MY MIND EXACTLY! ITS A 1988 C4! I paid 8 grand for it, its not a Bigblock 396 69' convertable that is worth a ton of money..Hey nelson i also bought a set of chrome wheels off a 99 for it, and i even wanna put 20% tint all around and maybe even have the black molding painted to match the color of my car, wat ya think about that????? hahaha

Oh and by the way i wanted to add that for only being 21, I have owned quite a few old cars ranging from the late 40's-80's (pre 1970 is ultimate for me) so i have been to many antique car shows since i was a little kid. Anyway I traded my 70' dodge dart for my vette and I thought that antique car owners were like a family, and while thats true to a degree, I jus wanna add that since I've bought the vette I have never met so many people willing to help eachother out like I have with corvette owners. Wether its a c1-c6 vette owners are truely like family, and even the people on this site alone (not including the people i've met in real life) have helped me out ALOT with my car, so thanks guys, I can deff say that I look forward to many years of being a part of the Corvette family..

I just looked at a picture of the seat.. I don't think it looks that far from a corvette seat . I don't know how they are for comfort, that would be my main concern. I find the C4 seats very comfortable and don't think I would give them up.
What says everybody has to have their car the same ? :thumb

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom