Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio and Bezel for 72

Atticus

Hi all,when i went to install my current radio a few years ago,i cracked the bezel at the top where the wiper switch is.Guess cracked is not the appropriate word ... it broke and split. :bash
Well all that for an am/fm cass,I want to go ahead and do an am/fm cd unit.I need to replace the bezel as well as the radio.I seen in the ecklers book that they sell these as a complete unit,
I would like to know if anyone has ever bought one of these and what the quality is like,how did the bezel fit into dash.The radios are pioneer and jvc i think,so i would think the radio quality would be ok,just leery of the bezel.
Or if anyone else has any suggestions,i'm open to any suggestions.

duke94

Corvette
71' convert and 78' both Red
I bought a new stock bezel for my 71' from ZIP. Fit great. I don't know about the ones that are made for specific after market radios.

Corvette
1972 White Coupe
I bought the bezel for my 72' and it fit great. It was pretty good quality. I didn't like any of the cd players that were for sale in the package deal, so I picked up what I wanted at Best Buy. I am just running the standard aftermarket speakers that are the original size in the dash (so just two 4 inch speakers). It works pretty good for what I have. But, I think the bezel was worth the money, it makes it look cleaner than cutting up another stock bezel.

Matt

6880 Mike

Corvette
1968 convertible; 1980 L-82
FWIW: you can buy used stock bezels on eBay. Cheaper than the $200 repros. You would have to do the clean up on it, but that doesn't take much.

:)

MADLT1

Corvette
lt1 71 brans hatch green convertible
those bezels are prone to snap,i have replaced mine twice,you just have to be carefull with the installatoin.:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom