Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio and Bezel for 72

Atticus

Hi all,when i went to install my current radio a few years ago,i cracked the bezel at the top where the wiper switch is.Guess cracked is not the appropriate word ... it broke and split. :bash
Well all that for an am/fm cass,I want to go ahead and do an am/fm cd unit.I need to replace the bezel as well as the radio.I seen in the ecklers book that they sell these as a complete unit,
I would like to know if anyone has ever bought one of these and what the quality is like,how did the bezel fit into dash.The radios are pioneer and jvc i think,so i would think the radio quality would be ok,just leery of the bezel.
Or if anyone else has any suggestions,i'm open to any suggestions.

I bought a new stock bezel for my 71' from ZIP. Fit great. I don't know about the ones that are made for specific after market radios.

I bought the bezel for my 72' and it fit great. It was pretty good quality. I didn't like any of the cd players that were for sale in the package deal, so I picked up what I wanted at Best Buy. I am just running the standard aftermarket speakers that are the original size in the dash (so just two 4 inch speakers). It works pretty good for what I have. But, I think the bezel was worth the money, it makes it look cleaner than cutting up another stock bezel.

Matt

FWIW: you can buy used stock bezels on eBay. Cheaper than the $200 repros. You would have to do the clean up on it, but that doesn't take much.

:)

those bezels are prone to snap,i have replaced mine twice,you just have to be carefull with the installatoin.:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom