Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Radio clock stays on all the time even with the igniton off.

vettejunkie

Corvette
1985 Silver Coupe
I have an 85 Vette and the radio clock stays on all the time even with the igniton off. I had to pull the courtesy light fuse so that it wouldn't drain the battery. When I pull the radio fuse the clock stays on. Is this a ground issue or Radio issue? The radio works fine except for the clock staying on.

I have an 85 Vette and the radio clock stays on all the time even with the igniton off. I had to pull the courtesy light fuse so that it wouldn't drain the battery. When I pull the radio fuse the clock stays on. Is this a ground issue or Radio issue? The radio works fine except for the clock staying on.

H,i, is the radio aftermarket or original?

Another question is "has the radio been refurbished and then replaced in the dash"? I had a 91 that I had MAMW refurbish [they sent it to Texas] and when it was returned and re-installed professionally, the radio unit would not turn off. Since the unit was sealed, the professional installer (and a local refurbisher next door who confirmed it would not turns off) would not open the seal to find out what was wrong as it would void the warranty. MAMW had me send it back at no cost and their refurbisher in Texas found that one of the pins in the power wire was bent and this prevented the unit from shutting off. Was repaired, then returned and installed. Worked fine. This may not be the problem, but it could be. Hope this helps.
Barrett

It is the original radio and I don't believe it has been refurbished.

You're saying the DISPLAY stays on, with the time showing?

Can you turn the radio on too when the ignition is off?

No, the radio doesn't work with the ignition off. I have been doing some research and I am wondering if it has anything to do with the interior light delay module or the courtesy light switch that turns the interior lights off when you shut the door? The only way to turn the clock off is to pull the courtesy fuse. A friend of mine says it could be the ground.
Does anybody out there have any insight on this?

No, the radio doesn't work with the ignition off. I have been doing some research and I am wondering if it has anything to do with the interior light delay module or the courtesy light switch that turns the interior lights off when you shut the door? The only way to turn the clock off is to pull the courtesy fuse. A friend of mine says it could be the ground.
Does anybody out there have any insight on this?
similar problem in my 85 i just did work on the passenger door and the ctsy lights wont turn off i know theres a loose wire somewhere in the door

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom